More strings to the bow

SmoothCriminal

Who just does plastering? See company’s only covering plastering, others cover tiling screeding aims taping roughcasting coving etc. Is it a good thing to cover other aspects of work to get more money in, or do you master one or two? Who’s winning the race, the one who is great at plastering or the one who’s covering a few an being ok at them all an making more money?

Who just does plastering? See company’s only covering plastering, others cover tiling screeding aims taping roughcasting coving etc. Is it a good thing to cover other aspects of work to get more money in, or do you master one or two? Who’s winning the race, the one who is great at plastering or the one who’s covering a few an being ok at them all an making more money?
All that is part of being a platerer

Plastering is hard so for a change I do painting if I can ,going to go on a course and learn , just think it's a bit more interesting going to learn wallpaper some nice paper but money may be not as good but f**k it asuwere

Done a fair bit of tiling but hate it’s slow and boring . Never considered it apart of plastering tho could be wrong

To make big money in the building trade you got to be a good all rounder and take on renovation new extensions the only thing you go down that road you got the stress whith that. I just stick to plastering pay the bills and no stress and try and master one trade

I think I may have said this on here before but, if you have the time and money to pay for it enrol for C&G evening classes at your nearest college as well as learning new skills you are also broadening your networks by meeting whoever else is there. So if laying bricks, joinery, plumbing or whatever appeals just go for it. If nothing else it broadens your knowledge base. Because trust me, just because you have been taught how to do something by Joe Briggs dose not mean it is the right way to do it.

I do quite a bit of tiling, some times full bathroom refurbs, will hang doors, skirtings, build stud work etc/ mainly just plaster though! Less stressful keeping to the one trade.

Can tile as well and just halfway through a 2 yr nite class city and guildslevel 2 plumbing and heating course
If anyone wants any Info on the plumbing course send me a message

I done roofing an roughcasting.. progressed onto plastering. All I do is plastering an roughcasting,, don’t bother with the roofing. Always thought about doing something else. Tiling was thought for a while. Couple guys done the venetian plaster, but I felt there wasn’t a lot of work in that. I do see more guys taking on different jobs now an not just sticking to the one trade.

To make big money in the building trade you got to be a good all rounder and take on renovation new extensions the only thing you go down that road you got the stress whith that. I just stick to plastering pay the bills and no stress and try and master one trade
Nonsense I know 1 man plasterers that earn more than some builders.

I've worked for loads of small builders who ain't got a lot to piss.and others who are very rich .it's the same with plasterers it what you put into it
Yes true but the subject of the thread who does more money can a plastering firm do 400 million a year watking Jones building firm did last year .sofor me that proves that in the construction that building firm that plays ther card rhight are better off I'm just answering the thread