More for weekends

Status
Not open for further replies.

leebo02

if your busy in the week and have to work weekends do you expect to earn more for working the weekend

If im on site then no the money is the same, but if im on private work then definitely yes as I always put in a high weekend daywork rate.

if i'm working weekends its cos i've got plenty on so jobs would be slightly priced up anyway but wouldn't make a difference what day I got to em.

Depends if its me that wants to work the sat etc or if the customer is desperate and i have said am busy all week but can do the weekend ...... ;-)

never charge any different i was supposed to be working today but she cancelled :RpS_thumbup:

i work on the weekend for mainly my convenience easier for the little one as the wife is home, it can free up day in the week for appointments ect.

and if someone said to me i can do it on saturday but it will be an extra 50 rubs ill say do it in the week then

i dont mind a Saturday if im busy ,sometimes it just takes the pressure off you , dont have to be more money for me , but never on a sunday

never charge any different i was supposed to be working today but she cancelled :RpS_thumbup:

i work on the weekend for mainly my convenience easier for the little one as the wife is home, it can free up day in the week for appointments ect.

and if someone said to me i can do it on saturday but it will be an extra 50 rubs ill say do it in the week then
what if the client asked you to do some of his jobs weekends,, ie schools offices etc,, would you then expect to price it differently

I generally charge the same,never work Sundays though,rarely sats now as I have my 2yr old and the boss works on sats,

i do like an easy lid on a saturday morning then strait to the pub:RpS_thumbup:
i often save the half day jobs for a saturday rather than faf about during the week

hi superspread,, you got the sonos soundbar going yet? whats it like mate
Really Pleased with it lee,the sound is crystal clear ,got the play 1s surround speakers as well and they are really powerfull for their size,the music streaming is amazing and the sound for the music is the nuts,got a Bose accoutimass 10 set up in my living room and the sonos is every bit as good if not better,

Thats what i ment in my post just said different , some customers want you there ona sat though , different if it is your choice etc

If any of the directly employed labour from the builders we work for actually bother to turn up on a saturday they get time and half, if they show their face on a sunday they get double time.
So i dont see why we shouldnt get a bit extra for working out of hours.

i dont charge more but i dont work past 2 o clock on weekends not that i ever work a weekend if you cant make it in 5 days dont bother

You got to keep making the hay as far as im concerned.
The reason I can pick and choose and be a bit mercenary with my prices is because I spent years doing 6 and 7 shifts a week, and tucked it away.

You got to keep making the hay as far as im concerned.
The reason I can pick and choose and be a bit mercenary with my prices is because I spent years doing 6 and 7 shifts a week, and tucked it away.

Where did you put it and when are you going on holidays ?

I've invested it all in cans of stella, every time I need a few quid I weigh some emptys in for scrap.

we only want to work a 5 day week, then we got an insurence job in that can only be done on sat. we double the quote, and they accept, you can not win!

we only want to work a 5 day week, then we got an insurence job in that can only be done on sat. we double the quote, and they accept, you can not win!
its funny how you always seem to get the jobs we think we have priced very high hoping not to get them

I charge silly money to work the weekend,it's my time,and if they want it they can pay,and I get it cos its from regulars who know what they are getting.

I don't need to do it either,so I keep it to 4 people who give me plenty of work.

never been better off since I started site work:RpS_thumbup:

had an argument on red issue(united forum) the other week with a spread cos I said I charged £250 for a bedroom,he thought I was robbing them,he reckoned £120:RpS_lol: without seeing it

Status
Not open for further replies.