More British gypsum woes.

I still think tiger stripes are down to thickness and cleanliness

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Well why did they admit about 10 years ago they had a problem called Ribbing and they were looking into it.Also a guy who used to work there told me they knew they had a problem and the cause was probably bad clay as the mines now are getting near the end if not the clay they have also started bulking the plaster up with slag from the power stations which they was only using in the core of plasterboard. Also seeing as I've been doing this 40 years and haven't changed my method of working can they explain why I'm getting these but didn't for about 30 years.The answer is simple the plaster has gone s**t but it will cost them millions to admit it.

Well why did they admit about 10 years ago they had a problem called Ribbing and they were looking into it.Also a guy who used to work there told me they knew they had a problem and the cause was probably bad clay as the mines now are getting near the end if not the clay they have also started bulking the plaster up with slag from the power stations which they was only using in the core of plasterboard. Also seeing as I've been doing this 40 years and haven't changed my method of working can they explain why I'm getting these but didn't for about 30 years.The answer is simple the plaster has gone s**t but it will cost them millions to admit it.

who admitted it? was it BG or was it a rep?

I only think it is down to thickness and cleanliness because I would have thought the whole area would "rib".....

who admitted it? was it BG or was it a rep?

I only think it is down to thickness and cleanliness because I would have thought the whole area would "rib".....
They're technical department admitted it I rang them to ask the question. I know it's your website but stop trying to defend them they know they've got a problem but won't admit it now as it will cost them a lot of money.They've even got a name for it "Ribbing" like I said.

So the plaster is crap
All the new trowels are crap
Some machines are crap

And I now have to watch out for
- rocks
- stones
- flakey bits
- white bits
- black bits
- unifinish in it :risas:
- Hot winds
- cold breezes
- bad clay
- parts of power stations
- tigers
- ribs
- peeling on ceiling
- falling plaster
- crap pva
- bad smells

Think i might start a gardening business instead.
:rebotando:

a guy who used to work there told me they knew they had a problem and the cause was probably bad clay as the mines now are getting near the end

Which mine did he work at mate?

When I was down the mine back in 2011 or whenever it was I asked how long was left mining gypsum in that mine, he said about 25 years left.
This was at the one in loughborough though.

They're technical department admitted it I rang them to ask the question. I know it's your website but stop trying to defend them they know they've got a problem but won't admit it now as it will cost them a lot of money.They've even got a name for it "Ribbing" like I said.
It was common knowledge there was an issue with the gear a while Bing when it first start back maybe ten years, I was on site at the time but wasn't skimming probably metalling or boarding but there was an issue. Wether BG admitted it or the reps it was a given there was an issue with the plaster. I remember tiger stripes or ribbing started happening and they are still there you just need to try and deal with them, and the mention of clay springs to mind.

image.jpg

I am not defending them.... never thought it was the gear even when it happened to me...

cant see how it can only happen in certain areas... ie not the whole surface... not arguing just pointing out that it does not make sense :D

And on that note, saw the following for plasterboard waste, gonna get one to put in the garage and fill. Pain getting rid of plasterboard and cove, price seems reasonable http://www.hippowaste.co.uk/blog/plasterboard-recycling-removal/
Good idea .. Thing that gets me is though they always wants us to pay when they should be paying us to recycle..at sig merchants there are skips they use to recycle plasterboard and metal stud that has been damaged in there yards..it would be a good idea in my eyes if trade could drop there's in it too while picking up new gear..only problem again is if they did allow it someone wants money for it (recycling) so what happens the trade think sod it I'll bang it in a skip somewhere and it goes straight to land fill.

Good idea .. Thing that gets me is though they always wants us to pay when they should be paying us to recycle..at sig merchants there are skips they use to recycle plasterboard and metal stud that has been damaged in there yards..it would be a good idea in my eyes if trade could drop there's in it too while picking up new gear..only problem again is if they did allow it someone wants money for it (recycling) so what happens the trade think sod it I'll bang it in a skip somewhere and it goes straight to land fill.
Yes, i agree and we all do that. At the moment though, being domestics, I don't see many site skips, so have to pay for my own anyway or tip runs in the car. £35 for plasterboard and cove (the offcuts build up) and with a trim and sledge reckon you could get a fair bit in one. Also looking at those commercial wheelie bins that sometime mentioned on here. About £15 to empty it which again is pretty good. Will post on here how it all goes.