Monthly payments for work??

Bigstevehammer

I went to quote a job for an Asian fella,just a mono job.complete house.
So was going over the price,when can I start etc,he then dropped this weird request that I’ve never heard of before??...he said can you do a price plan over the space of a year..I laughed and said it ain’t currys mate,I’d be skint if I did that with everyone lol
He went,well the last renderer here before you said he can do a price plan,and spread the costs..
Got me thinking...is anyone out there doing this??...shame because the job was decent tbf

Was he (last renderer) just being clever/ funny ie “spread” the costs
Went over Asians head cos it is wired to think in accounting terms and bartering deals

Last edited:
So was going over the price,when can I start etc,he then dropped this weird request that I’ve never heard of before??...he said can you do a price plan over the space of a year..I laughed and said it ain’t currys mate,I’d be skint if I did that with everyone lol
He went,well the last renderer here before you said he can do a price plan,and spread the costs..
Got me thinking...is anyone out there doing this??...shame because the job was decent tbf
f**k that mate, you dodged a bullet there.

You could probably charge a lot more if you did it that way

Probably have to spend a good lump of it on bean counters to chase it all up though

it's a thing more builders are doing, basically a line of credit, you'd have to arrange a creditor and check the customer is good for the credit.

like buying a sofa from DFS over 12 months.

Yeah I see what you are both saying,it seems feesable,but also very long winded for your money,what would be the percentage on jobs etc,??can you imagine you had say 4 in a month not paying,it would be real tough if you have big overheads??
But I can also see a gap in the market as everyone like to spread costs??
Is there anyone on her that does it,would be interesting to see how it works etc
Or horror stories etc

The short answer is thats for him to arrandge a loan with a bank and you to be paid as normal.

Gos help us if trades started doing this
You say that but cars do it, windows do it and so do sofas. There's no reason a rendering company couldn't do it.

Yeah I see what you are both saying,it seems feesable,but also very long winded for your money,what would be the percentage on jobs etc,??can you imagine you had say 4 in a month not paying,it would be real tough if you have big overheads??
But I can also see a gap in the market as everyone like to spread costs??
Is there anyone on her that does it,would be interesting to see how it works etc
Or horror stories etc
I reckon you could put 50 % on your prices and do everyone a rolls Royce job.

No
The loan company people are the business men
Spread just gets what spread charged
You're still thinking like a spread.

If you want the extra 50% or whatever them you have to shoulder the £100 a month repayments

If the financial company shoulder it then of course they'll take it.

Be a good way to work once you got going I'd say.

No
The loan company people are the business men
Spread just gets what spread charged

No that’s now how it works. You also receive commission....for example if you sold a 6k job via finance, the finance company would pay you a commission of around £300. Plus you can up sell etc because the customer can pay on the monthly and spread the cost.

No that’s now how it works. You also receive commission....for example if you sold a 6k job via finance, the finance company would pay you a commission of around £300. Plus you can up sell etc because the customer can pay on the monthly and spread the cost.
But that's still giving the finance company all the profit.

The way forward would be for you to foot the bill and somehow have the credit legally arranged. That way the finance company just get a fee. Means you funding quits a lot of jobs until you got stable but it could be a winner

But that's still giving the finance company all the profit.

The way forward would be for you to foot the bill and somehow have the credit legally arranged. That way the finance company just get a fee. Means you funding quits a lot of jobs until you got stable but it could be a winner
Oh yeah , millionaires by Xmas

If it was legally binding contract and was easy to set up and cgarge them 1000% apr like loan sharks do then I could see it working

A while ago someone I know rendered a large industrial unit, was obviously a lot of dough so did a payment plan as a one off. Few months down the line they went 'bust' and left the country. I'd steer clear of that shite

A while ago someone I know rendered a large industrial unit, was obviously a lot of dough so did a payment plan as a one off. Few months down the line they went 'bust' and left the country. I'd steer clear of that shite
That why your margin has to be good.

Youll get knocked more on the never never fo sho