Monocouche Vs K Rend + where is the best place to buy these products?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam69

A question for the experts regarding these products. In your opinion which is the better product out of the two....Monocouche or K Rend?, also where is the cheapest place to buy one of these products?. I am based in Surrey and I am also looking for a spreader with experience to apply this product to two external walls.

Thanks!

Hi adam. Out the two id say monocouche. But my opinion parex render is better out the three. You can buy any of these at most merchants. Round here buildbase stock krend. Sig mono and encon for parex

Thanks Dan, I will have a look at Parex. Do you know any spreaders on this site who live in Surrey that work with this kind of Render? Cheers

Mono couches an krend are the same thing mono meaning 1 coat think you mean diff company products mate ie krend weber parex

Remember when comparing prices Parex and SPS Envirowall comes in 30kg bags the others are in 25kg.

I am not sure if he means monocouche render by type as in that's what krend is so is weber so is Parex etc or if he actually means the brand called monocouche - there is a company with their own product and it's simply called monocouche like buying a bottle of wine called..... Wine...well it does what it says on the tin.
@Adam69

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, thanks for the replies so far. I mean Monocouche made by Weber and Krend. I have read that if these products crack they are difficult to fix without the repair being seen i.e lots of work. My house is pretty old (1908) and some of the areas of the wall are a little little live (cavity wall old ties). I have fixed them best I can, don't really want to take the wall down and fully rebuild it, can of worms!. My question is..........what is stronger for the wall, traditional sand and cement or one of these monocouche type renders. The mono maybe more flexible and forgiving regarding movement, but is it as strong as a well plastered sand and cement render. Also other than using SBR on the wall before sand and cement is spread can you use fibre glass mesh in your first pass inbedding in the sand and cement or is it better to use stainless steel mesh? Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the replies so far. I mean Monocouche made by Weber and Krend. I have read that if these products crack they are difficult to fix without the repair being seen i.e lots of work. My house is pretty old (1908) and some of the areas of the wall are a little little live (cavity wall old ties). I have fixed them best I can, don't really want to take the wall down and fully rebuild it, can of worms!. My question is..........what is stronger for the wall, traditional sand and cement or one of these monocouche type renders. The mono maybe more flexible and forgiving regarding movement, but is it as strong as a well plastered sand and cement render. Also other than using SBR on the wall before sand and cement is spread can you use fibre glass mesh in your first pass inbedding in the sand and cement or is it better to use stainless steel mesh? Thanks!
What ever you render with ,if you have wall tie problems ,it will crack , the stronger the render the more risk of that

Sort the wall tie problem. Loads of solutions out there especially if you are rendering over later.

When wall ties fail you will usually get horizontal cracks in render

Status
Not open for further replies.