Monocouche rendering

Karll

Hi all, did my first monocouche rendering on my garden walls the weekend, looks awesome, however I’m aware it does not look great forever, so would I be on using a dulux weathershield? I’ve used buttercream render so I’ve got buttermilk paint, would this be ok? Thankyou, here’s a pic :)

Attachments

• F78862A5-ACFA-4CC6-B2C9-5C308884DB0A.jpeg
    F78862A5-ACFA-4CC6-B2C9-5C308884DB0A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 469
I’d use Stormdry personally. It’s a gel and will soak right in and last 25 years or more. A lot of other products just sit on the surface like paint and will wear away with weathering.

Th
I’d use Stormdry personally. It’s a gel and will soak right in and last 25 years or more. A lot of other products just sit on the surface like paint and will wear away with weathering.
Thanks for your reply, could I use the weathershield then a clear sealer over the top once dried?

Well all I can say is that if this isn't a windup, the Carll is the most stupid person on here for a while.
As for @Rossi46 you surprise me, he's managed to monocouche to that standard but is then going to paint it straight away? I doubt it.

Well all I can say is that if this isn't a windup, the Carll is the most stupid person on here for a while.
As for @Rossi46 you surprise me, he's managed to monocouche to that standard but is then going to paint it straight away? I doubt it.

I’m just asking advice to maintain the wall, I don’t think I’m stupid really, never done monocouche/rendering before, just a builder who takes a lot of pride in my work

I didn’t read it properly. I thought he meant seal it not paint it with a colour.

I just want to keep the wall as fresh as possible, so maybe just a seal or some sort then? A garden wall over the years will attract moss etc I presume?

I just want to keep the wall as fresh as possible, so maybe just a seal or some sort then? A garden wall over the years will attract moss etc I presume?
You have a few mistakes on your wall mate but good effort! If you have a acrylic paint I would use it and it will even the colour out and protect in one

I put a sealer on my house. I tried a sample of Stormdry which seems great stuff but because it’s not a liquid I thought it would take me far too long to apply to the whole house. It’s a very big area. I used Extreme Climate by Kingfisher which is a solvent based liquid and easy to apply by brush, roller or spray. Did mine mainly by roller and is easy to apply. Soaks into the render and even in driving rain the render stays dry. It’s not cheap though.

I’m just asking advice to maintain the wall, I don’t think I’m stupid really, never done monocouche/rendering before, just a builder who takes a lot of pride in my work
When its bone dry, 1 coat of thin masonry paint then 2 further coats of undiluted masonry paint, safer to use an oil based one in case of summer rain !