Monocouche not filled to the bead work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofty1

Ay up lads I've had some monocouche done recently by some one who I know I've had the front of my house done and a strip about a foot wide and 8 feet tall down the side of my house by the guttering and in stead of taking the down pipe off he left it on which made it awkward for him and he hasn't filled the bead out which looks quite a mess can he just monocouche straight over the top again or will it all have to be knocked off

Ay up lads I've had some monocouche done recently by some one who I know I've had the front of my house done and a strip about a foot wide and 8 feet tall down the side of my house by the guttering and in stead of taking the down pipe off he left it on which made it awkward for him and he hasn't filled the bead out which looks quite a mess can he just monocouche straight over the top again or will it all have to be knocked off

I would take it off.

If he's I any good he should take off the pipe cut a nice clean line with grinder and tape up existing and fill out and rub down . If done correctly should look ok but you always see the joint

Why did he not pull the down pipe off? Seems a very awkward way of doing tings to me! If it's just a narrow strip id take it back and start again.

There will be a issue with adhesion. Maybe a pre rend of sort and minimum 10mm of Mono.

If Parex there Microgobetis will do it or Weber their rend-aid.

you could consider make good the damage which will look a bit of a pigs ear and then apply a synthetic coating like Jub or similar. That will look like monocouche but will keep cleaner longer.

Sorry m8 no pics to hand at moment .he says it be ok to just go straight over the top of existing render cause it was only done a week ago and it's only a small panel

Status
Not open for further replies.