Monocouche finish

Members online

CoachTaffy

Hi all,

I am being a bit cheeky here, but need some independent advice.

We have recently completed a single storey extension using Monocouche as it's finish, but the finish I feel is not upto standard, that said I don't know what standard to expect.

I am not a plasterer here, but I need to pay the final bill.

I have posted some photos, one with a crack, damage and the beading finish, would appreciate it if people could comment.

Attachments

• 20220209_124637.jpg
    20220209_124637.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 377
  • 20220209_124641.jpg
    20220209_124641.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 360
  • 20220209_124651.jpg
    20220209_124651.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 324
  • 20220209_124706.jpg
    20220209_124706.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 324
  • 20220209_124715.jpg
    20220209_124715.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 402
over all the job looks acceptable. but they have massivly let themselves down with using stopbeads instead of anglebeads.

the hole on the top roofline is easily fixable but i personally wouldnt be happy with the beading round that door.

only fix would be a removal
but would you want to go that far with it?

over all the job looks acceptable. but they have massivly let themselves down with using stopbeads instead of anglebeads.

the hole on the top roofline is easily fixable but i personally wouldnt be happy with the beading round that door.

only fix would be a removal
but would you want to go that far with it?
Thanks Dansouthcoast84, when you say removal you mean re render not just the beading around the door?

Hi all,

We have recently completed a single storey extension using Monocouche as it's finish, but the finish I feel is not upto standard, that said I don't know what standard to expect.

I have posted some photos, one with a crack, damage and the beading finish, would appreciate it if people could comment.
Bizarre they used stop bead around door. Probably couldn’t be fuckedd to cut the wings back to make them fit in that tight reveal lol. Apart from that it looks ok ish

No silicone around the frames either, they’ll contract a fair bit being black, the render will crack

Hi all,

Wrong beads around door and a silicone bead to frames would finish it nicely the top corner may have taken a knock
Pretty much nothing you can do about the beads around the door without re doing the panel

Sometimes the doors are fitted so crap , so far forward to the outside and the blocks could of been absolutely crap I’d of maybe used a stop tbh, ok they could of trimmed an angle bead right down with the whole wing off but maybe that’s why there’s a stop , also no mention of the crap roof , very popular as they are super fast to install which is the only plus thing about that roof,to render upto it is like working upto floppy plastic

I think the only argument you really have is the beads that don’t join very well if they could’ve used a full bead that is a bit shite , the finish looks good and it’s very brittle that bead could have been knocked causing the crack the small piece that’s fallen out in the corner by the roof is a mix of a brittle material and it being awkward to actually get gear in there behind the roof line and the bead it happens it’s not bad workmanship, you can use stop beads to finish it’s not the wrong bead most would cut an angle back but some do some don’t, tbh I’d let it go you could have a raised band around that window/door whatever it is to cover it but it won’t tie in with the rest of the windows/doors I imagine and there’s no room unless you can move the vent

Actually I just noticed the head has two stop beads haha what happened there was it a rerender or did they put a base coat on before topcoat or wtf is all that about:LOL:

I've got to repair some monoooshe render stuff and paint it ,any advice .
Take it right back to the block be very careful not to smudge it onto the existing render when putting the patch on just Take your time with it
When it's Time to finish it just use the back of your towel or pad around the edges trying not to scrape the old render and thumb the edges in if you need to
It's a bit of a f**k about but not really hard

Hi all,

Who'd be a plasterer hey. All that mostly good work and beads being a couple of mm out of line and the customers thinking about not paying.

Having said that it is infuriating to look at and I don't know why they've done that with stop beads

Who'd be a plasterer hey. All that mostly good work and beads being a couple of mm out of line and the customers thinking about not paying.

Having said that it is infuriating to look at and I don't know why they've done that with stop beads
Thing is it's expensive and silly things like that stand out

Them small errors have unfortunately had the maximum naff consequences
Bet that horizontal moved during application and set before it got noticed but still…
Angle bead uses both wings/flanges each side to not skid one way or the other if/when disturbed by design totally not suitable using stop bead.
Sometimes you get away with mistakes but these ones advertise themselves all day long