Monocouche coating

Members online

ankers

When hand applying monocouche do you coat the whole panel with the first pass and then put thw second pass on or would you put a section on and then put the second pass straight on? Been getting a lot of air pockets in webber and the serrated edge isn't getting them. Im thinking its sagging because the first pass is too wet but then always worried if i let first pass harden i will get problems scratching back? Thanks in advance

When hand applying monocouche do you coat the whole panel with the first pass and then put thw second pass on or would you put a section on and then put the second pass straight on? Been getting a lot of air pockets in webber and the serrated edge isn't getting them. Im thinking its sagging because the first pass is too wet but then always worried if i let first pass harden i will get problems scratching back? Thanks in advance

Let 1st pass pull in a bit, so do the entire wall. Soften your mix a bit to get the air out easier and make sure you do get it out as its denser, stronger gear than some and the air might not come out by itself leading to splits and holes showing up when scraping. K Rend behaves a similar way.

Let 1st pass pull in a bit, so do the entire wall. Soften your mix a bit to get the air out easier and make sure you do get it out as its denser, stronger gear than some and the air might not come out by itself leading to splits and holes showing up when scraping. K Rend behaves a similar way.
So should i get first pass on and then mix up the gear again to make it wetter? Im worried that i might get problems when scratching back if i let the first pass set a bit as ive had a few problems in the past. Is it worth spatting first pass down?

do what jimbob says we coat out then use a serrated edge to rule out any air pockets then I spat it then when ready I section to got it cock on flat
I go over with a serrated put doesnt get rid of all the air pockets im thinking its sagging as the first pass hasnt pulled in

I go over with a serrated put doesnt get rid of all the air pockets im thinking its sagging as the first pass hasnt pulled in
Are you hand applying? If so are you pressing the bottom of your stroke in before your next stroke underneath meets it? Sealing the edges eliminates any air pockets.