Monocouche alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

4400kevin

I have quite large mono job starting over contrete and poroton block.

The architect is worried about it losing colour and going green. Is there an alternative that holds it colour better maybe an acrylic.

acrylic only texture coat also goes green. there is a stigma about render going green - the reality is if look where there is green render the chances are it will also be on the brickwork, roof etc just you cant see it stand out as much.

if they want to pay for a better finish go for a full silicate texture and then paint it with clear self cleaning afterwards. £££££££

they will have mono

The only time i have had mono going green ,is where trees are over hanging ,which one you using Kev ?

Was going to use monorex or maxit. This job was to be finished with baumit sep04 mineral but the natural colour is too White apparently.

They are willing to spend the money for the right finish.

No its a 4mm mineral finish. Its goes on like an acrylic thin coat.

I bit like SAS Mineraltex? Thats 2mm though although I think you can get 3mm. I have a job to do with 2mm mineral, sound a better alternative to acrylic in winter as it sets in a few hours.

I bit like SAS Mineraltex? Thats 2mm though although I think you can get 3mm. I have a job to do with 2mm mineral, sound a better alternative to acrylic in winter as it sets in a few hours.

Probably much the same.The 4mm mineral was to go over a lime based backing coat.

The architects requirements are a render with roughcast finish hence the 4mm,one that is suitable for poroton and concrete block, no painting and must retain its colour.

Its one of those jobs, the internal was to be lime base coat and lime skim now its hard coat or s/c and skim.
There is a nice bit in it about 2600 m2 external alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.