Mono renders... what to do with the dust?

Members online

WWBRenovation

So I've been wondering, any one found uses for the sandy powdered material that covers the ground after scratching. I've saved the stuff from two jobs now, I'm thinking of making some tests using it as an aggregate in render. Any ideas?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I tried re-using the dust collected when drywall sanding years back, my mate was crying laughing calling me a tight c#nt and to be fair it was pretty shite

I’ve always wondered whether with the right equipment that old mortar could be crushed and re used as an aggregate. I’m all for recycling and that.
Mono is wasteful system

Let me clarify, this was from Weber monocouche. I believe it's basically non silica based sand. My basement room has exposed rough masonry walls and I'm thinking to try using it as a partial sand replacement in my S + C mix. Just hate the waste when the materials were expensive to begin with and the material is clean and free of debris.

images
Like this?

We get like loads, most goes in skips, but some jobs the ground workers take it to put around cables, drainage and the like, and I've a pal that does quite a few cellar conversions and I give it to him bagged up.they use a lot to go under the visquine in the floor.

That's a no no to reuse in any render mix mate. The chemical content is made to work only within the bag content. As for the s@c you will be lacking the course grain, which actually holds the render, not the cement or the lime.

That's a no no to reuse in any render mix mate. The chemical content is made to work only within the bag content. As for the s@c you will be lacking the course grain, which actually holds the render, not the cement or the lime.
I agree fully that I can't replace the sand with it, but as a bulking agent, like adding perlite or vermiculite.

We get like loads, most goes in skips, but some jobs the ground workers take it to put around cables, drainage and the like, and I've a pal that does quite a few cellar conversions and I give it to him bagged up.they use a lot to go under the visquine in the floor.
Agh good idea that, using as an underfloor fill.

I agree fully that I can't replace the sand with it, but as a bulking agent, like adding perlite or vermiculite.

it doesn't have the body mate, you'll never get the mix right. It will be total failure.

it doesn't have the body mate, you'll never get the mix right. It will be total failure.
With shortages of decent sand there needs to be some sort of replacement. I think plastic would work. Finely shredded plastic :sisi::coffe:

We’re a much too wasteful society. It’s good someone is thinking of uses for a waste product. We should all be doing the same

And they call the Scottish tight...
Sorry to burst the bubble, I would never claim to be Scottish but, William and Alexander Birnie immigrated to America in 1806, Mason contractors, William was my great great grandfather. Sooo....

With shortages of decent sand there needs to be some sort of replacement. I think plastic would work. Finely shredded plastic :sisi::coffe:
Instead putting it to all the cosmetics? Why not, at least the ocean will be clean then.