Mono over sandstone

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Any issues i need to be aware of when doing mono over sandstone??

Cheers

Arti

we know its fine on rendaid ,if you basecoated in that you should be fine mate ,in my book ,for what thats worth !lol

rendaid is used over thermalite which is soft and good enough... however i would still key the sandstone first as it can be flaky.. cut some grooves in with a grinder for piece of mind mate

Spoke to weber and they don't recommend mono. They spec rendaid ocr acrylic due to different thickness of mono will dry patchy. Got the parex gadgie coming out Monday

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1456931564586.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456931584061.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456931604470.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456931693586.jpg

I went over sand stone pillars a while back with mono, based coated in rendaid and a few weeks later the sandstone started seeping thru the mono it looked a right mess all stained! (Just my penny's worth)

Spoke to weber and they don't recommend mono. They spec rendaid ocr acrylic due to different thickness of mono will dry patchy. Got the parex gadgie coming out Monday

we did one that was uneven ,rendaid /ocr/mono ,i said there could be a risk with the thickness being over 28mm ,but the builder was happy to take it ,and 2 years later still no cracking (only 3 minutes from my house ,so i drive past it all the time )

I was gonna dub it out with some mono I've got in the lock up. Rendaid then mono

arti if in doubt mate as long as you know what kit you want to use just ring the rep saves all the should I shouldn't i

Like similar to monorex for the application process but takes like longer to dry out like between coats and to scratch back, it's an April onwards job as its lime so needs to cure rather than dry.... Like.

Status
Not open for further replies.