mono onto timber frame

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiganlad

Private Member
As above I'm on my way to price a job mono onto a full house old brick but its had dormers put on and they want mono onto this also. Any advice ? Also a garage which is prefab concrete panels that have been dashed . I'm thinking base with mesh then mono would be ok ?

The timber frame I'd render carrier board, rend aid with mesh then top with mono @ 10mm if you have the room, I'd be wary of movement thought as timber swells and moves a lot.

The garage, If It's just normal pebbledash mono would take to it, it's just the joints in the panels, possibly overkill but base out and try and drop 3 or 4 expansion joints down the panel joints just to allow for movement double or even triple mesh over the joints you cover.

The timber frame I'd render carrier board, rend aid with mesh then top with mono @ 10mm if you have the room, I'd be wary of movement thought as timber swells and moves a lot.

The garage, If It's just normal pebbledash mono would take to it, it's just the joints in the panels, possibly overkill but base out and try and drop 3 or 4 expansion joints down the panel joints just to allow for movement double or even triple mesh over the joints you cover.
The dash is set into the concrete panels 2400x600 each panel

Yes the neighbours got one, I'd be tempted to drop an expansion joint every 1800 or even 1200 if you can get away with it

You might be ok with rend aid meshed then topped off, just I'd imagine there to be a lot of movement in those garages having that many panels.

I've done a few jobs on site on to wooden framed with krend. The spec was using 10 mm beads 3mm hpx then 10mm top coat rubbed back to 7mm. I wouldn't go with 15mm beads its a lot of weight for the cerment boards to carry.

Hi There Wiganlad

If you want some help and advise with getting the boarding done right - Knauf Aquapanel Exterior - get in touch

As Owls has said above, most of the render system suppliers will advise not to put a scratch finish onto a boarded timber frame project, even with the basecoat and mesh layer first, any excessive movement will cause cracking in the brittle mono.

If you (or the client) are positive that a mono finish is what is going up, it is probably only (in no particular order) K Rend, Parex or Monocouche Systems who will actually offer you a specification.

Get the render system supplier of choice to advise the basecoat and then the material thickness for each coat.

Good Luck

Richard Lord
Knauf
Aquapanel Technical Development Manager
rlord@knauf.co.uk

Hi There Wiganlad

If you want some help and advise with getting the boarding done right - Knauf Aquapanel Exterior - get in touch

As Owls has said above, most of the render system suppliers will advise not to put a scratch finish onto a boarded timber frame project, even with the basecoat and mesh layer first, any excessive movement will cause cracking in the brittle mono.

If you (or the client) are positive that a mono finish is what is going up, it is probably only (in no particular order) K Rend, Parex or Monocouche Systems who will actually offer you a specification.

Get the render system supplier of choice to advise the basecoat and then the material thickness for each coat.

Good Luck

Richard Lord
Knauf
Aquapanel Technical Development Manager
rlord@knauf.co.uk
Cheers I've seen the job and advised the customer to speak with the supplier of what ever system he chooses to advise him best

There will be more movment than in the main building but not sure if it will be enough to cause a problem,
@wiganlad on the dormers will there be any joins in the boards on the dormers? This is where any cracks will most likely appear,if you can board without any joins it may be ok.
what about parex EHI?

Normally, with a dorma, just the cheeks and surrounds around the window in the pop out of the roof will need to be finished - there will be little to no movement in the framework at all.

As kgreigh says above, just ensure that any board joints are protected and a proper specified basecoat and mesh is used to suit the finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.