mono by hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
if ur on say £10p/m. if u put on an extra 10m between 2 of you, u would pay a machine off in 2-3 months

totally but you have to get enough work in to merit having the machine in the first place, if the works there happy days but nowadays a lot of of work is by renderers, skimmers and the others that do a bit of everything and you could be sat on a site skimming for 6 months just to keep yourself busy

It's G** anyway that's why lads need machines it takes ******* forever to go off unless you want to be leaving at 7 every day :RpS_lol:

What time you finishing tomorrow? we're in for 6 top down a 70m2 side in lime render finish for 12 in the pub next door for a few ciders :RpS_thumbsup:

My machine gets used about 4 times a year. Probably even less this year as most people now are going for bucket coat stuff. I did a 14 bag job last month by hand.

When I do a machine job I have a belle mixer, bath, tub and whisk on standby in case in conks out. Usually a blockage or labrador forgetting to turn the water on to the water butt. Defeats the object I know but its better than being halfway through a wall and the a breakdown.

What I don't like about the machine is the bloody time it takes to get out of the garage, load up onto the truck, take it off at the other end and then set up. Sometimes I think we could have been halfway through the wall by hand by time we get going. When you have got it going though and you have shifted 120 bags it makes it worth it.

it takes no longer to set up a machine than carry a pallet up a ladder and set out the scaffold
That's cause you used to a ritmo mate. Got our setup time proper sorted now. And when you can leave it setup on site ready for another day your laughing at the thought of hand applying

well the ritmo mixes and applies a bag of mono in 2 minutes. i dont think a spread can mix and apply that as quick or with as much ease.

money aside etc, its a funny one when you think about it. people dont dig holes with shovels anymore, they get diggers. you dont knock up concrete anymore you get a lorry load. chippys use powertools not hand saws etc. but plasterers still load out and hand apply rather than letting a machine do it for you.

The countries not set up for it nick there's no 3 phase on site so you have to spend a fortune on a generator
There's usually one or 2 water points if you're lucky
Skimmings just as quick by hand
Hardwall and sets as quick we still live in a traditional build world
So it leaves renders and apart from mono everything else costs a fortune bagged

well the ritmo mixes and applies a bag of mono in 2 minutes. i dont think a spread can mix and apply that as quick or with as much ease.

money aside etc, its a funny one when you think about it. people dont dig holes with shovels anymore, they get diggers. you dont knock up concrete anymore you get a lorry load. chippys use powertools not hand saws etc. but plasterers still load out and hand apply rather than letting a machine do it for you.
And Bricklayers

The countries not set up for it nick there's no 3 phase on site so you have to spend a fortune on a generator
There's usually one or 2 water points if you're lucky
Skimmings just as quick by hand
Hardwall and sets as quick we still live in a traditional build world
So it leaves renders and apart from mono everything else costs a fortune bagged
True mate the guy i used to use in Spain with a machine had to always hire a genny as big as a Transit van.

Status
Not open for further replies.