Mono band

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

I have a large elevation of mono to do (white).on the drawings it is showing a band running through the middle.
If I was going to do this with sand&cement I would measure where the band is going to be,and scratch the area when topcoating and when dry fix stop beads ready.
Would this be the best way to mono over the mono.
The band is black!!
Cheers

You can do that bobby or use a bigger bead and work to them? You can do the band first thick then mono up to it.

All depends how the band will be raised 10mm ?? Or more. If 10mm we just use a bigger bead and bed it on so we have a 25mm gain.

I do like the idea of doing it first.the render would then just cover the gap which if done after is a point to let the water in.

I do like the idea of doing it first.the render would then just cover the gap which if done after is a point to let the water in.

Mono on top of mono mate, fix your beads after you have finished panel. No way for water to get in.

I would run the bands without beads, cheapens the look of the band if its beaded, imo.

I wouldn't use beads as welly said it will look better without,using batons is just as easy.

Don't use a scratcher on the edges, you wont get a straight line.
We put the laser on it then offer the feather edge up onto the face of the band and run the angle plane up and down, leaving a few degrees for a fall.

Looks good but how did you avoid a stain?
Mark out the bands with a laser and tape it off precisely. Spray the bands on over the tapes . Turn the lasers back on for shaping again and when you peel the tapes back you get a perfect seam as in the picture.

Mark out the bands with a laser and tape it off precisely. Spray the bands on over the tapes . Turn the lasers back on for shaping again and when you peel the tapes back you get a perfect seam as in the picture.

It does like sharp and on a top end job would be great.on a commercial job like I'm doing soon I think I'll just use a bead.

Good job wezly I wouldn't of thaught of that as I said I would have used batons with tiny pins on the day the White was scraped,but your way sounds better I must admit,what type of tape did you use did you have any problems with it sticking bud?:RpS_thumbup:

I think that looks the nuts.

Never done mono and knocked a few jobs back in the last couple of months for that reason but really like the look of it. Think it might be time to learn it.

Done hundreds if dash and acrylic jobs (not a fan of acrylic though at all) so sure i could pick it up quick when the right chance comes up i might be doggy for a gang for a fee days.

What tape u using to stick onto the mono background mate

Status
Not open for further replies.