Mono advice

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnh

Right lads. I've been asked to price a new build built from thermalites.the clients asked for Krend but is open to advice. Would I I was thinking of parex.would I have to basecoat it in either rend aid or parex monogris. Also would it need completely meshing or just round openings. Do I put the mesh on when rend aidin or on first pass of mono.the guy I work with has used k rend a few times but not used the mesh. Is parex same to use as Krend. I'm ringing rep on Monday but don't wanna sound a complete novice. I would normally just used sand cement but trying to keep my mates in work. Any advice would be great

Right lads. I've been asked to price a new build built from thermalites.the clients asked for Krend but is open to advice. Would I I was thinking of parex.would I have to basecoat it in either rend aid or parex monogris. Also would it need completely meshing or just round openings. Do I put the mesh on when rend aidin or on first pass of mono.the guy I work with has used k rend a few times but not used the mesh. Is parex same to use as Krend. I'm ringing rep on Monday but don't wanna sound a complete novice. I would normally just used sand cement but trying to keep my mates in work. Any advice would be great

k rend is different to Parex as regards setting times.If they are thermalite blocks it wants micro gobetis, a day prior to rendering to kill the suction.rend aid is used in conjunction with weber, use the same maufactorers gear for the same applications.
Why would you mesh the whole substrate? just mesh the openings as normal practice.Mesh goes in your first pass.
if hes used k rend before, how had he never used any mesh?

sounds like your out of your depth to be honest, i wouldnt be tackling decent areas if i didnt now the product, as it will cost you if you f**k it up.

He's not used mesh before because we worked for a plastering firm and they never supplied it

He's not used mesh before because we worked for a plastering firm and they never supplied it

I have done K-Rend jobs without using mesh before on breeze blocks with no cracking, but thermalite type blocks crack like hell on stress points so mesh is a must if you ask me.

Owls ,we mesh the lot if less then 7 newton ,thats what weber say so we do it ,with respect mate

Spunky ,i only use weber ,but if i had to rendaid it out then yes i would mesh within it,but i would stress patch with the mono as well over the openings

Ok interesting reading. The reason that you need to full mesh is due to the shrinkage within the block work. If you only mesh stress points your asking for trouble. Give the KREND rep a call.

If you prime it with micro gob would you still have to though because it's a liquid that won't shrink and you evened out the suction

Blimey looks like I've opened a can of worms.whatever I use I'll make sure it's done according to the manufacturers spec.gonna try talk client into ocr or parex version

Looks like I've opened a can of worms.going try talk client into ocr.whatever gets used I'll be going to the manufactures spec to the letter

Anything under 7n has to be fully meshed, and cos it's not as dense as the 7n block is liable to a lot more suction , stresses, movenment, so this has to be controlled, microgobetis does a brill job of this, especially over thermalites, so for me it would be microgobetis, first pass fully meshed plus all stress points meshed and second pass before first skins over so as to create a monolithic system and not two layers ( never had a problem doing this , even with weber )

Status
Not open for further replies.