Monnocouch virgin seeks advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgt

Hi chaps i need advice on a small job, having come from a traditional background i am new to mono etc.I am hearing all different ways of tackling this job so would really appreciate help.Here goes.I do Garage conversions. I have removed door and blocked up 900 from the floor i have a width of 2.3, I have removed the existing angle bead which has exposed the thickness of the existing parex finish which is about 15ml. I was going to apply the new coat and use the two sides as my leveling finish.This was with a lenth of timber with thin pads applied at either end so as to bring my finish slightly higher than existing /this then enables me to finish level with the existing after rubbing down. Can anyone please confirm a couple of things, would i be better with a metal straight edge. Also the existing property has two tram lines running thru it about 1" wide and 6ml deep.Is there a tool to purchase that does this or is there a method involved, someone said scrape it out by hand but the existing looks too uniform in its finish. Also wouls you mesh where the blockwork joins existing, All help really appreciated. Thanks all . Job is parex :-0

I'd be tempted to sand cement the new block flush, microgobetis the whole area then put new stop beads tight as possible to the angles and bell and go over the whole wall, I reckon it'd stick out like a sore thumb where the old door was
The tool you're thinking of is an Ashley cutting tool refina do them

Ps, lines are square 25ml wide and flat finish not triangular stone effect lines, simply like a trench, 6ml deep.cheers

Cheers ,checked refina but all tools have a triangular blade so may have to make one, bit similar to a joiners plane etc, ps, micro what?

Why dont you put some pics up of the job marra so we have a better idea of what your doing

Ok guys will put up some snaps tomorrow, thanks for interest, ps spunky, i dont think a a sand cement render finish will match parex,
House is a new build and the parex is a different finish, plus the new material is the same as wots on already so no painting,Let me know if im not quite getting the jist of wot u mean, cheers. House is Taylor wimpey

Ok guys will put up some snaps tomorrow, thanks for interest, ps spunky, i dont think a a sand cement render finish will match parex,
House is a new build and the parex is a different finish, plus the new material is the same as wots on already so no painting,Let me know if im not quite getting the jist of wot u mean, cheers. House is Taylor wimpey

What Spunky is suggesting is that you render the patch with sand and cement flush with the mono. Then when dry go over the whole elevation with Microgobetis (adhesive) and re-coat the whole elevation with mono. I think.

micro or rendaid.....

if you patch the door itll look like a turd. plus youll probably end up discolouring the existing if your not sure what your doing.

as for mesh, mesh over the door openings once its been filled level

Hi guys, I have got the original parflex colour so dont think matching in will be a problem. Im not a novice and quite sure i can match in well. Its the tram lines im unsure about.I assume i have to make a cutting dolley and run it on a straight edge.Someone said scrape out with a trowel but the cutting depth will vary. Am i right about levening slightly more than existing, cheers

blah blah, another person that asks how to do something, then when hes told says no their way is better. do what you want, itll look ****

blah blah, another person that asks how to do something, then when hes told says no their way is better. do what you want, itll look ****

Thou art lacking in sagacity,and have a prepensity for uncalled beligerance, please...........stick your handboard,(sideways on) up your back passage)

Theres one of you on every forum, rs:RpS_wink:

You can make your own cutting tool ,thin strip of metal ,the ones they use for holding bricks/ blocks together in the builders merchants ,so they can be lifted as one (got me ?) screw that to a small 2/1 baton or what ever the size you need to match up to ,put a screw or nail in the side of the baton which will then run along a straight edge keeping the same depth , hope that makes sense

Thou art lacking in sagacity,and have a prepensity for uncalled beligerance, please...........stick your handboard,(sideways on) up your back passage)

its just advice mush take it or leave it!
you by your own admission are lacking experience which is why you asked in the first place.
ps if you are trying to use big words to intimidate then at least learn how to spell them correctly :)

and sadly theres plenty like you mate....

youve had the answer a better solution explained to you from someone that IS familier with the material and has obviously encounted your situation before. But yet because this is not the way that you had in mind you take the defensive attitude.

Just ubelieveable at the moment hello mr plastering forum can you please help me as im unsure how to approach a job im GETTING PAID TO DO WTF!!!!

Then after someones been kind enough to advise you foc and with the information theve given in good faith you reep the reward of being paid and reputation in tact but no thats not good enough for some!!!!!

Zombie

youve had the answer a better solution explained to you from someone that IS familier with the material and has obviously encounted your situation before. But yet because this is not the way that you had in mind you take the defensive attitude.

Just ubelieveable at the moment hello mr plastering forum can you please help me as im unsure how to approach a job im GETTING PAID TO DO WTF!!!!

Then after someones been kind enough to advise you foc and with the information theve given in good faith you reep the reward of being paid and reputation in tact but no thats not good enough for some!!!!!

Zombie

Please observe nicklearse tact. ps i love you

its just advice mush take it or leave it!
you by your own admission are lacking experience which is why you asked in the first place.
ps if you are trying to use big words to intimidate then at least learn how to spell them correctly :)

Nowt wong wiv mi spulling

You can make your own cutting tool ,thin strip of metal ,the ones they use for holding bricks/ blocks together in the builders merchants ,so they can be lifted as one (got me ?) screw that to a small 2/1 baton or what ever the size you need to match up to ,put a screw or nail in the side of the baton which will then run along a straight edge keeping the same depth , hope that makes sense

Thanks keith uk for answering my question, nice to now there are some on here who are able to answer a simple question, many thanks

Youve had the answer a better solution explained to you from someone that is familier with the material and has obviously encounted your situation before. But yet because this is not the way that you had in mind you take the defensive attitude.

Just ubelieveable at the moment hello mr plastering forum can you please help me as im unsure how to approach a job im getting paid to do wtf!!!!

Zombie

im not your mate

Oh dear,a little bit of attitude.can you not see that the patch in will stand out like a sore thumb.they said earlier that it need bringing out to flush then re-finish the whole elevation,otherwise the finish will be poor.your choice.how about any sun bleaching or weathering that has occurred since the original was done.you would be a fool not think of these at least.good luck in australia.

theres a lots of braindead idiots like you aswell. funny how your the one asking, and im the one that knows. iv actually given you some sound advise. gets a bit tedious after a while. please post some photos afterwards you smarmy ****

aussie.jpg
Here's advice for ya marra...........ya great galah

Status
Not open for further replies.