monjet water flow problem! i think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiganlad

Private Member
Right as above. The jet is spraying fine at ground level but as I take it up to 8 meters the inlet blocks up and the float drops from 5 to 4. Y ?

the water is dropping because the inlet is blocking. the water does not flow as quick because its got less diameter to flow through.
Do u use those geka jet fittings

There one on the pump one on the inlet to the caddy and the main filter all spotless . Everything ran fine today so got me baffled

maybe it was the way you started it up. What i like to do is keep the hopper and mixing zone bone dry, use a tissue or something. inject just enough water to cover the rotor. sprinkle in the first few kilos then the rest of the bag. then start the pump. by keeping the sides etc as dry as possible you reduce the risk of gear sticking to sides and ensure the material flows into the mixing zone as it was designed to with no restrictions caused by wet gear sticking to sides. Its only the bottom 5 inches that gets wet

Cheers Ian can only be something like that . As it sprayed fine today. Come to think I let the lad have a go a start up the other day when it went tits up

We have had problems with the Ritmo. Sprays for about 20 seconds then no material for 2 or 3 seconds. Feedback off here was bridging.

I dont set it up but the lad that does just goes just over the cross bar that drives the rotar. I set the water just under and usually ok.

I set the water the other day just under the bar had an argument, won and it was ok?

May be worth doing it Ians way Lee. I told Les about how I set up and primed the monojet and it was wrong.

I remove the blank cap and press water button until it comes out once the water stops ,I replace the cap . I then turn on motor and gradually ad powder until the mix comes out into the bucket ?

According to Les I should have primed the monojet the same as the Ritmo. Water as said then sprinkle some powder in. Turn on and gradually add the powder in soon as.

Youtube will show you how to set up a Ritmo.

thats not the best way to do it lee. put the water in as you said and then gently open the hopper lever until the mixing shaft is covered and close it again. Only then do you turn the machine on. Once you see some mixed material exiting the outlet turn the machine back off, open the hopper lever again to fill the mixing zone and your ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.