Money Saving Expert

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathon

Hello All
I go on this site now and again (moneysavingexpert.com) as it as a forum with a drop down menue; click on the 'is this quote fair' bar and then just look for any quotes ref plastering, people go on there to check if a quote is right etc, read one last night which found quite interesting, apologise for not knowing how to do the forward link thingy, its on the second page of the is this quote fair section and has been posted by some guy called 'raeble' who is just checking the price to skim a room, two things caught my eye one by Jetsy telling everyone not too bother and just buy an ebook on plastering as once you have the instructions is straight forward and another by a plasterer called Bib who states a good plasterer should manage 100m2 a day doing domestic, can any of you guys do this, not me

100 m2 on domestic, its not impossible,but in most situations it will be.You wo`nt be doing that everyday,sheeting out, furniture to work round etc.On site yes.

Money saving expert is the mecca of retardation and numptyfied stupidity!

Martin Lewis is sound enough, its the people on his website that are the problem

100m 2 on domestic is easy? really!

Lets say average living room is 4 meters square and 2.4 high, thats 54 meters.

So to do 2 rooms like that in someones house.............per day.................. is b0llox!

If your lucky you can do one room in two mixes, so thats 4 mixes for 2 rooms.

Not counting sheeting up, beading up, PVA-ing the walls and ceiling, shifting all the gear in and out and cleaning up.

nelly said:

Martin Lewis is sound enough, its the people on his website that are the problem

So to do 2 rooms like that in someones house.............per day.................. is b0llox!

Not counting sheeting up, beading up, PVA-ing the walls and ceiling, shifting all the gear in and out and cleaning up.

are you the plasterer from manchester on there called nelly?

flynnyman said:
nelly said:

are you the plasterer from manchester on there called nelly?

Yeah I was untill I got banned from the site :)

flynnyman said:
what for?
Swearing and abuseing the re***ds mainly about the smoking ban.

There was all these w@nkers saying how great it was, when non of them actually went to the pub they were all sat on MSE all night swapping pictures of their f*ckin cats for a social life.

i'm a non smoker but i wish you could still smoke in pubs, i'm always sat inside like billy no mates and the pubs just smell of BO and farts now!

Pug said:
i'm a non smoker but i wish you could still smoke in pubs, i'm always sat inside like billy no mates and the pubs just smell of BO and farts now!

thats coz your in there on your own ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.