Money Health Happiness

Members online

Do you really think he was happy being a Dalek that couldn't use the toilet or do a myriad of other things. And a scientist know it all that didn't know so* all, except his own elevated theories.

He made up things and didn't back it up with facts.
The idea was without health you have nothing but it is not always so.
Many are without physical good health but contribute and enjoy life equally well.

Do you really think he was happy being a Dalek that couldn't use the toilet or do a myriad of other things. And a scientist know it all that didn't know so* all, except his own elevated theories.

He made up things and didn't back it up with facts.
f**k me that's my life goal. Sit around all day do f**k all get my hole wiped and make lots of money. What's not to like.

Slightly off topic..any1 seen that game changers on netflix? It's made me think about changes anyway..worst thing was I had 2 burgers 4 my tea tho..defo worth a watch

Sandra in Human Resources needs to speak to you about your attendance this month and update you on some new items that have been added to the vending machine!! f**k that be a plasterer (y) We got it easy building trade is the best place to be we’re free like lions roaming the planes of Africa!

Well I have three rental properties, own a lake set in eight acres and live in a house that once finished will be worth around £800'000. I worked my nuts off in my 20's, 30's and early 40's trying to achieve what I thought at the time was important. That was until my wife almost died before my eyes after a botched operation.
That truly changed my outlook on life. Yes I still have the 'stuff', in fact the lake came after the life change, but I no longer strive for anything other than to spend as much time as possible with my Mrs, good friends and my son.
In fact I love work more than ever because I work with my son. Luckily he has as relaxed an attitude towards work as myself.
That other thread isn't about 'willy waving', IMHO, but guys that are genuinely proud of what they've achieved from modest starts, and I can absolutely see where they're coming from. Good luck to them all, I just hope that they don't have to experience anything like I did to make them realise that their 'achievements' aren't the really important things in life.
To all you lads that have absolutely no interest in buying properties etc. etc. I also salute you for just wanting to enjoy life for the here and now, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

No willy waving from me. I got into property a few years ago and it ticks over, and provides a bit of modest income per month. The big hitters on here prob earn more in a day then i do in a month from property. Hopefully it'll pay off for me as a pension, and has and continues to be bloody hard work. I only comment on property because I'm genuinely happy to help anyone who wants to give it a go. I don't really talk about it otherwise. I have an old car, and an old rusty van and a very modest little semi I'm trying to renovate. Today I got up at 6.30 and got home 13 hours later sorting out an issue with a property to keep the tenants happy. So glamorous being a landlord!

I am with you @Rossi46

I have a very comfortable work life balance... I could bust my balls and work and make more than I do but I rather spend it pottering about and spending it doing what I enjoy doing.

I have been battered in the past with health so I know what it is like to be I'll for a long period of time.

I have a few properties but they are at the moment commercial let's so quite easy and they are my retirement. I dont need to worry about working till I am old and frail.

I wont be the wealthiest in the pub but I also will be the dad that my kids remember for spending time with.