Modern render systems

• Thread starter Deleted member 32554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 32554

OK , only ever done lime/cement and don't intend to go back to it as I'm too old and having fun indoors anyway
Don't doubt modern is better but clemos comments on ghosting , over Feb block/ brick mortar got me curious , zombie won't answer me about the mesh comment and don't blame him blame tbf but what's your take on mesh diffusing the ghosting , feel free to take the p155 as long as you don't mind it back , been a good laugh lads , jess don't forget to ask permission

1452364293244.gif

OK , only ever done lime/cement and don't intend to go back to it as I'm too old and having fun indoors anyway
Don't doubt modern is better but clemos comments on ghosting , over Feb block/ brick mortar got me curious , zombie won't answer me about the mesh comment and don't blame him blame tbf but what's your take on mesh diffusing the ghosting , feel free to take the p155 as long as you don't mind it back , been a good laugh lads , jess don't forget to ask permission

Ehhhh???

So why did you mention " was it meshed " was curious

Because I would expect the meshing at that depth to conceal the ghosting!
I assume it acts as a wick , not the mesh itself bit its contact surface with the muck, moisture travelling through render gets spread out and reduces ghost by blurring it

I’m on year 3 of using bagged gear now mate, tbf there’s all different comments out there on using mesh but if I’m correct most manufacturers say mesh stress points not the whole house but people will mesh the whole house out of paranoia Incase there’s a crack in the future

I’m on year 3 of using bagged gear now mate, tbf there’s all different comments out there on using mesh but if I’m correct most manufacturers say mesh stress points not the whole house but people will mesh the whole house out of paranoia Incase there’s a crack in the future
Same as s&c then Any views on mesh reducing ghosting

Not really you can just look at sand and cement it will crack.
CRACK ????
A meshed wall s&c will crack ?
As far as I understood steel has the same thermal expansion rate as s&c so why would it crack ,
can we use fracture or this is going elsewhere

Not really mate ,if its less then 7 newton ,they do say mesh the lot tbh ,can be done in a basecoat ,such as rendaid or in the mono

Let's get the crack issue sorted, it is Friday night lol , then hopefully back to ghosting

Who's bold enough to go without any mesh at all on a 7N block south wall , talk s&c. ( mines got lime instead of Feb ) or whatever

I stand corrected then , tbh I never ask any of them for a spec or to come out
Any ghosting , are you on new builds , mines been a mix of solid and cavity , some I mesh some not , no spec , they always asked me lol , no ghosting though , assumed it was that I'm not worried about putting it on thin, clemos Feb point was interesting and something to watch out for , as my work was older buildings I was probably saved cos tradesmen now don't give a sh,t or don't know the knock on effects

Really how would mesh conceal the water coming out dude
Not saying it conceals it , diffuses, spreads it out so its less noticable

Any ghosting , are you on new builds , mines been a mix of solid and cavity , some I mesh some not , no spec , they always asked me lol , no ghosting though , assumed it was that I'm not worried about putting it on thin, clemos Feb point was interesting and something to watch out for , as my work was older buildings I was probably saved cos tradesmen now don't give a sh,t or don't know the knock on effects

Not saying it conceals it , diffuses, spreads it out so its less noticable
Show me how or evidence mate or even a theory pal ! The moisture will follow the render out as it’s breathable

CRACK ????
A meshed wall s&c will crack ?
As far as I understood steel has the same thermal expansion rate as s&c so why would it crack ,
can we use fracture or this is going elsewhere
No render cracks or fractures the substrate moves

Let's get the crack issue sorted, it is Friday night lol , then hopefully back to ghosting

Who's bold enough to go without any mesh at all on a 7N block south wall , talk s&c. ( mines got lime instead of Feb ) or whatever
mesh won’t stop the substrate moving it’s for adding strength to stress points

Fiber glass or metal doesn't absorb water but the capillary action of the junction between these and the muck will act to draw the moisture quicker along the junction , thus spreading it wider than the more direct route and so widening the ghost and although you may still get ghost it will be wider and less noticeable
No render cracks or fractures the substrate moves
Not always the reason

Fiber glass or metal doesn't absorb water but the capillary action of the junction between these and the muck will act to draw the moisture quicker along the junction , thus spreading it wider than the more direct route and so widening the ghost and although you may still get ghost it will be wider and less noticeable

Not always the reason
Capillary action ? The mesh won’t track or draw or spread moisture as it’s non absorbent and sandwiched between render that’s very much absorbent !

Not really mate ,if its less then 7 newton ,they do say mesh the lot tbh ,can be done in a basecoat ,such as rendaid or in the mono
Some manufacturers say that others don’t ? Would you fully mesh everything unless 7n block ?

Fair enough! I obviously don’t know my s**t then !
Plastering is that sort of game , look back at what you thought you new when you started
Capillary action ? The mesh won’t track or draw or spread moisture as it’s non absorbent and sandwiched between render that’s very much absorbent !
The junction between the surface of the mesh and the muck will
An example is concrete mix with large fibers
The fibres are in all direction in the mix , with many being vertical,
The mix will firm up quicker than without them as the water can travel quicker along the surface of the fibre as the grains of muck can't all lay flat so there's more gap than without the fibre
Not a vast difference I admit as they are not all vertical

Disclaimer .. I studied physics and alcohol on the same course
Also DO NOT take my word for it , or even company bullshit , I'm here to question myself and want alternative argument

I’m only a newbie mate Keith knows his s**t , tbh I couldn’t care less what render manufacturers think or spec
It’s more covering yourself mate , if a customer has a problem and you have not done your work to the right spec , you don’t have a leg to stand on .