Moaning part 2:

Members online

Cornelius

Scratched up a large tall chimney earlier in sand cement. Obviously not a good time of the year for external sand cement. Builder wants me to go back tomorrow and top it off on a green scratch coat? With rapid cement!!! Before the rain comes in at lunch. What the actual f**k. Today has been a s**t day in my Plastering career lol

Scratched up a large tall chimney earlier in sand cement. Obviously not a good time of the year for external sand cement. Builder wants me to go back tomorrow and top it off on a green scratch coat? With rapid cement!!! Before the rain comes in at lunch. What the actual f**k. Today has been a s**t day in my Plastering career lol
Tell em no...!

Refuse

thats like me.

need to silicone topcoat 3 story back of house.

builder says can you top tomorrow so can get the velvac windows in following day.

err no its rain from.8pm and raining whole night before.

ah but i need it done..

and i say ahhh and i need it to only cost me once!
Absolutely lashing it down tomorrow and that scratch coat will still be soft tomorrow I’d be able to poke my finger in it. Go over it with rapid cement would be a disaster and seems totally wrong. Rapid is great for odd reveals and patches. Not an entire chimney, it’s a big chimney aswell. Just blows my mind.

Developers / Builders & kitchen companies
Nothing but aggro
Most would do well to make some new year rules

Your welcome

Absolutely lashing it down tomorrow and that scratch coat will still be soft tomorrow I’d be able to poke my finger in it. Go over it with rapid cement would be a disaster and seems totally wrong. Rapid is great for odd reveals and patches. Not an entire chimney, it’s a big chimney aswell. Just blows my mind.
be fine if scratch is cured but it wont be

Tell to f**k off and that Andy thinks he's a c**t.

Could you of not used ocr. The last lot I used was that tarmac gear from wickes I think goes in pretty quick tbh . Or is the builder to tight to get it like the rest of em

Tell to f**k off and that Andy thinks he's a c**t.
I’ll pass on your message and tell him! I’m just imagining the extent of my meltdown after I’ve laid on the top jumped down to bottom lift to start bottom and then the top sets and I start struggling and then it pisses down on me and two weeks later I get a call that it’s all gone hollow and cracked. I’d just totally lose
Could you of not used ocr. The last lot I used was that tarmac gear from wickes I think goes in pretty quick tbh . Or is the builder to tight to get it like the rest of em
yeah I can’t imagine a productive conversation where I suggest more expensive materials, I’ll just go back in the new year hopefully when it’s not so wet! Probably get some frost and snow in January though...

Reactions: Djr
Luckily I have two self builds to mono on front only small area on each of 20m2 each the owners on phone tonight, can’t get there till Saturday and still gotta prep so said get gear on job and we just see when time is right will do , thing is though corn mate waste of time me doing if it isn’t gonna go well
Hope u have a better day tomorrow

English builder?

Luckily I have two self builds to mono on front only small area on each of 20m2 each the owners on phone tonight, can’t get there till Saturday and still gotta prep so said get gear on job and we just see when time is right will do , thing is though corn mate waste of time me doing if it isn’t gonna go well
Hope u have a better day tomorrow
Someone on hear recently mentioned having a specific rendering season like March - October? And anything outside of those months wasn’t considered?

That's like having a summer holiday season
From June to August.
Great for ducks this November though.