Mixing S&C with drill??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just chuck some in to get it going. Add sand and cement then just add water to suit

do you go to work in a suit..........:RpS_confused: and is it best to add the water to the mixing drum.....................:RpS_confused:

TAXI for one :RpS_blushing:

hire or buy a belle barel mixer, it wants to by mixed by gravity to get consistancy

I usually do mate, but with a few on here saying they use there drill thought I would save myself so money and give the drill a go..

Only got about 20m2 of it..

you ever done it owls?

we mix s&c with a paddle mixer ,seven bags at a time ,for small jobs ,don,t get this gravity thing ,before cement mixers it was mixed by hand :confused: but what do i know :-(

we mix s&c with a paddle mixer ,seven bags at a time ,for small jobs ,don,t get this gravity thing ,before cement mixers it was mixed by hand :confused: but what do i know :-(

you mixed it with a shovel on a board, put a shovel of cement in the middle of your pile of sand and worked it in with the shovel, layering it with your shovel. bit hard to describe in text.

you mixed it with a shovel on a board, put a shovel of cement in the middle of your pile of sand and worked it in with the shovel, layering it with your shovel. bit hard to describe in text.

:RpS_laugh:
I would have hoped everyone has mixed S&C with a shovel before but who the fck wants to do that plus a labby couldn't mix it fast enough before you use it..

anyone mixed with drill before?

Mix s&c all the time with my drill spanky ..

.just get yourself the drum attachment for the drill..:RpS_thumbup:
KGrHqJhoEFUizSZBQGO17NjO60_1_zps31729fb4.jpg
..:RpS_drool:

:huh: now i know how it is done ,thanks for your help :RpS_thumbup::RpS_wink:

I've mixed with a drill a few times on small repair jobs and absolutely hate doing it. I would deffo use a drum mixer for 20m2, not just for speed but because IMHO you get a nicer, smoother drop of gear using one.

you can apply that logic to anything, we used to mix browing in a bath with a bike cog, but i wouldnt want to go back there.

I've mixed with a drill a few times on small repair jobs and absolutely hate doing it. I would deffo use a drum mixer for 20m2, not just for speed but because IMHO you get a nicer, smoother drop of gear using one.

Got my mixer the other day. Id get it out to mix 1m2 just because I can lol

Chuck it in your bath, add water , let it soak while your sodding about doing other things off 5 mins ,whisk up with your drill ,hey presto beautiful bit of Donald.

No wonder there nackered ! Sum ones hada gd joke with him when he was a youngin , spin round for 5 while ya stuff mixes ;-) I tend to put my S and c in me bucket , the. Swop it between buckets once or twice to mix the powder then add water , seems to work for me on small jobs , nakers u compared to a mixer thou feels like u spent ya whole day mixing buckets

you can apply that logic to anything, we used to mix browing in a bath with a bike cog, but i wouldnt want to go back there.
You guys are a bit behind with the times ,so that was last week ,what have you being doing this week :RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.