Mixing parex by paddle

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones10

Hi lads

Im using parex monorex on a job next week but was wondering how I go about mixing it up as never used it, ie can I mix 2/3 bags at once or will it turn before I have chance to get it on the wall??

also how long do you leave it after its ruled before you scratch it? Or any other tips you could think of

Cheers for any advice guys

We mix 12 bags at a time between 3 tubs and whisk it up a bit when needed find it better if stood for a while .
scrape it when your thumb nail marks it and not when your thumb will push in to it and leave a thumb print .
get it on early might scrape up late afternoon or lay on in afternoon then scrape next morning

I'm only needing 9 bags(ideal for 1st time) ill mix it all in one go then cheers!what about building it out to 18mm? Will I have to do it in 2 phases? Cheers Ashleyscoob

I'm only needing 9 bags(ideal for 1st time) ill mix it all in one go then cheers!what about building it out to 18mm? Will I have to do it in 2 phases? Cheers Ashleyscoob

Yeah you'll need two passes to get it out to 18mm.

Yeah you'll need two passes to get it out to 18mm.

Best of British!

2 x 9mm passes is needed but it is not that easy. It also needs to be wet on wet so when the first is firming up but not skinned over put on the second.

You may have to go like the clappers!

Well done John go and take a biscuit out of the jar, sit back down and continue to dribble

No it's just the end of a new porch but is on show,
how long does this stuff take to turn then? As need to get wet on wet, should I leave it 30 mins then put 2nd phase on or leave it a bit longer?

It goes on wet and it will firm up, then you put the second on but make sure it has not skinned over or you might have problems later.

Everyone has got to start somewhere, and as stated above its new to me, so area is spot on for 1st go

I don't know a thing about this stuff sorry if i sound silly .
But can you not scratch the first coat then second pass the next morning ,then the suction will work with you and finish early ? :)

a suppose you maybe could scratch it but a dont no theres no point to be fair just do wat rigsy sed let your first coat firm up then second coat it your second pass should go on nicer and it goes on to 18 mm no bother mate was on a job just a few week ago were we did it you mite wanna put mesh in your first coat though that help us with building it out and all your mix ratios are on the back off the bag a think it 5 litres of water to a bag a think and are you puttin lanko in your first coating mate

Obvi i have never used it , but if you put mesh in the first coat, do you apple it then trowel the mesh just below the surface as with all modified renders ?.
Or would you put the mesh on then apple it like scrim ? / Thanks

What the feck is "apple it on" gooner, are you bananas. Now stop being a plum, start talking properly or I'll send a pear of forum members round to mango you.

Oh ff sorry man !APPLIE it was a typo lol, and the mrs has got me painting and i keep going back and forth from room to puter :)

No need for Lanko unless below DPC, you could scratch first coat leave for a few hours then top it.

oreet spot on never new why we put lanko in just sed thats wat the rep had specified so just followed the spec n you bed the mesh into the first coat gooner

What's Lanko?

think I'll just put on 1st pass leave it an hour and wack top coat on,
if I can't scratch it at end of day, and have to do it following morning how do you know it won't to to gone off to much to scratch?

Bones you don't leave it for 10m you could neae enough go over it straight away, make sure you're second coat is thicker than the first

Status
Not open for further replies.