Mixing hardwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodplasterer

Heres a little tip for you, if you only got a small van and find it hard to fit a mixing bath in, cut down a water butt, you can still mix 3 bags at a time and they are alot easier to clean, the only prob is shoveling onto the spot, so to combat that just cut down a shovel as well.

We always use the big Gorrilla tubs, think they are 75 litres. It will take up to 3 and a half bags of multi. Don't know about hardwall might not be as much as that, should be good for 2-3 bags any way. Great thing is you can get shovel in to spot easily and they're easy to clean as they're flexible.

We use the gorilla tubs for skim, but they are too small for hardwall or any other backing plaster. the largest only mixes about a bag and a half i think, no good when your on price.

We don't do a lot of backing coats, most new build is taped and filled! So as a result we don't do much site work. Most of the time any backing coats are dpc work (s&c) or the odd wall here or there. My mate works in a squad in Kent and he's Hardwall all the time!

i allways mix up hardwall in a big gorilla tub by hand with a broom stick, but even my old vauxhall corsa could fit a big bath in with the back seats down and firced in diagonally and layed sideways ;)
used to look rather strange to neighbours arriving to someones house to do a job and having a carr full to the ceiling all over apart from where i was sitting :cool: thank god i have a van!

Lol I used to use my corsa when I started out... used to just say my van was being serviced...lol

Danny

i do ok out the back of an estate mondeo, takes 6x3 boards down flat and about 12 bags of multi + tools, hop up scrapers, rollers etc...
i do need to get another van though...i wanna nice posh silver one...
mate of mine had a vw transporter PETROL! long one...i had a laguna at the time and he left me standin at the lights...couldnt catch it....

Status
Not open for further replies.