Mixing Drills?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

skimmerRob

Hi my Eibenstock mega mixer (refina) has finally given up anybody rate any other makes of mixing drills? cheaper than refina perhaps?

Thanks

Stick with the mega mixer if you can mate, my refina mm29 is 10 years old only been serviced once, and used relentlessly everyday, look at it as an investment i paid £350 10yrs ago, £35 a year will take some beating.

Hi my Eibenstock mega mixer (refina) has finally given up anybody rate any other makes of mixing drills? cheaper than refina perhaps?

Thanks

Send it back to refina or any decent tool hire place for overhaul, parts and labour should bring it back to a half decent standard for a cost effective option.

I have two and they're well into their 2nd decade of life, without any maintenance to date, bar triggers and cables.

I have a cheapo mixer that has lasted a long long long time... its slowly dieing now but still none the less for about £65 about 10 years ago its was great... have know idea what it is... the @Refina mega mixer though is from what i have seen a great mixer :)

Last edited:
Most mixers for skim will last a fair while.....but for render, be prepared for lots of £££ outlay if you buy cheap...! Refina megamixer or PFT for me all the way.

I have a cheapo mixer that has lasted a long long long time... its slowly dieing now but still none the less for about £65 about 10 years ago its was great... have know idea what it is... the @Refina mega mixer though is from what i have seen a great mixer :)

And there was me thinking you only mixed the sugar in your tea or coffee nowadays.:RpS_cool:

My mate bought the aldi 45£ one for a back up mixer. He has used it no more than 10 times knocking up one bag of finish and its goosed ...... Paddle is all bent and it smokes and makes funny noises........

If you want the best available then its gotta be the bosch, the others with the silly handles on both sides just feel a burden to use and not easy to move through render. bosch will piss it

warrior power mixer 1800w soft start will kick any mixing drills arse for 99 quid plus vat, had one for five years an it still sends ME round the mixing tub if the plasters to stiff ...2 gears ..the dogs b2ll2cks

The bosch also has 2 speed but the difference is it hits full speed straight away but has a servo to slow things down if needed. The ones with the silly speed wheel that take a while to spin up to full speed are irritating for me.

i have had a Bosch for 20 years, used every day only had a new trigger and brushes, and a few new whisk attachments, its powerful and has a variable trigger , and 2 gears, used it to knock us s&c screed and floating , still goes like new

Just purchased the new makita ut1600 and am impressed carbon copy of refina/eibenstock comes with a 3 year warranty as well. Not much cheaper than refina though

Status
Not open for further replies.