Mixing drill help

Members online

Heritage Plasters

Hello Everyone,

New to the site and impressed with the know how around here and I thought I'd get some thoughts on mixers. I've read a lot of the threads and some of the options aren't really avaliable here in the states.

Here is what I've been using for years:
4257_43_7.png

Not a bad drill but need to get a new one soon and I think there might be better options out there.

This is my go to paddle:
4313_9_0.png

I did file the edges so it doesn't scrap the bucket and get bits of plastic in everything and also cut the metal off the tip so I can get to the bottom of the bucket. Cleans fast, mixes fast, long stim so I don't have to hunch over. I love this paddle and would want to be able to use it with my next drill unless I found a paddle that really beats it.

Here is the drill that I got. I can still return it and I've only got a week on it. Its loud, seems strong but I can't speak to the durability of it yet. For $190 I thought it was a great buy but to be honest after reading so much about the collomix I'm divided on it. $190 won't get a x04 or even a x06 which is what I think I would go with if I went that route but I have no idea how it stacks up to a collomix. I've never used one or even seen one but apparently I can order one for around $615. Could it really be 3x better than this?

4352_249_2.png

Thoughts on this paddle? Anyone actually used it?
4420_360_146.png

Hello Everyone,

New to the site and impressed with the know how around here and I thought I'd get some thoughts on mixers. I've read a lot of the threads and some of the options aren't really avaliable here in the states.

Here is what I've been using for years:
View attachment 18761

Not a bad drill but need to get a new one soon and I think there might be better options out there.

This is my go to paddle:
View attachment 18762

I did file the edges so it doesn't scrap the bucket and get bits of plastic in everything and also cut the metal off the tip so I can get to the bottom of the bucket. Cleans fast, mixes fast, long stim so I don't have to hunch over. I love this paddle and would want to be able to use it with my next drill unless I found a paddle that really beats it.

Here is the drill that I got. I can still return it and I've only got a week on it. Its loud, seems strong but I can't speak to the durability of it yet. For $190 I thought it was a great buy but to be honest after reading so much about the collomix I'm divided on it. $190 won't get a x04 or even a x06 which is what I think I would go with if I went that route but I have no idea how it stacks up to a collomix. I've never used one or even seen one but apparently I can order one for around $615. Could it really be 3x better than this?

View attachment 18763

Thoughts on this paddle? Anyone actually used it?
View attachment 18764
Tbh I'm for the Collomix xo6 anywhere in the world they are supplied and are so reliable, that paddle you put at the bottom I've never used but tbh I can't see it would mix up more than a 25kg bag

the first thing i look for in a drill is at least 1800w, i would not consider a 1200v model. most drills are designed for 240v electric in Germany, a 110v model of the same drill is less powerful. our 240v drill mixes a lot faster then my brother 110v model of the same drill.

i believe the states are on 110v electric. 110v are used on uk building sites. in the rest of Europe it is 240v as 110v is considered to dangerous.

I use the blue paddle often it can mix a 25kg+ bags no problem only if you use them with a powerful drill/mixer. The paddle opens up as it gets faster and mixes much easier/faster than generic paddles. Plus they dont collect old plaster as its flexible so snot just taps off when dry. Would definitely recommend im sure there is a video on youtube comparing it against metal paddle.

I use the blue paddle often it can mix a 25kg+ bags no problem only if you use them with a powerful drill/mixer. The paddle opens up as it gets faster and mixes much easier/faster than generic paddles. Plus they dont collect old plaster as its flexible so snot just taps off when dry. Would definitely recommend im sure there is a video on youtube comparing it against metal paddle.

I saw that video. It looked really staged to me though. It didn't look like they had enough water for the traditional mixer. How does it work getting material off the bottom of the bucket?

Wish it could run on makita batteries. I'm already heavily invested there.

Any idea on the mileage you get per charge? I can't imagine batteries lasting very long.

the first thing i look for in a drill is at least 1800w, i would not consider a 1200v model. most drills are designed for 240v electric in Germany, a 110v model of the same drill is less powerful. our 240v drill mixes a lot faster then my brother 110v model of the same drill.

i believe the states are on 110v electric. 110v are used on uk building sites. in the rest of Europe it is 240v as 110v is considered to dangerous.
Don't we use 110v here as it's considered not as dangerous lol.

I thought 110 would be safer than 220 but I'm no sparky.

the europeans tell me if you get a belt from a 110v it will hold you on the current. a 240v or 230 as they use will throw you off the current.
we took a 100v drill to the Netherlands and could not use it on site.

As someone who's touched many a live wire I'm glad it's 110 here. I never seemed to have trouble letting go and am glad I didn't have the extra juice to throw me off. Sounds painful. :eek:

The extra power for the tools would be nice though.

Sounds like a malcism again :coffe: