Mixer

Members online

Dave king

My mixer is slowly dying looking to get a new one my budget ain't great so anybody recommended one ?????

A belle 1600e.... Around £180... Had mine 8 years and only had to change brushes on it which are about a tenner and easily accessible...

I know I will be scorned on here but i use an 1100 watt Ryobi drill and has worked fine over many mixes about £100

Alfra eibenstock 1800w beast
We've got one of these for Hardwall, adhesive and render but use the smallest size (1000 or 1100w) that Refina sell for skimming. Had the small one for over twenty years and don't understand why anyone would want to lug anything bigger about just to mix skim.

We've got one of these for Hardwall, adhesive and render but use the smallest size (1000 or 1100w) that Refina sell for skimming. Had the small one for over twenty years and don't understand why anyone would want to lug anything bigger about just to mix skim.
We have several mixers but like you say we always pick up the 1100w machine nice an light we got the 1800w machine for the power for pulling small batches of krend an stuff like that

Just waiting on the arrival today of my new best friend, the 1800w Refina megamixer. I feel like it’s Christmas all over again Lol.

The firm I work for decided to buy me a new mixer as my own burnt out on their jobs. They brought me a nordstrand 1800w double paddle I tried it for the first time and have to say I'm impressed. I tried it on a 2 bag mix and it pissed it with ease. The bloody thing felt like it wanted to take off and it wasn't even on full speed lol not bad for £100. I would recommended it to anyone

Attachments

• IMG_20190214_125911.jpg
    IMG_20190214_125911.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 432
The firm I work for decided to buy me a new mixer as my own burnt out on their jobs. They brought me a nordstrand 1800w double paddle I tried it for the first time and have to say I'm impressed. I tried it on a 2 bag mix and it pissed it with ease. The bloody thing felt like it wanted to take off and it wasn't even on full speed lol not bad for £100. I would recommended it to anyone
Apparently those double paddle jobs will tear the bottom out of your buckets in no time at all. I'm fairly sure that they weren't even intended for plaster but epoxy resins.

You know what I did think about that so I tried to keep it off the bottom and not knock the sides too much and it still mixed OK anyway they supply my buckets so if it does no loss to me :):)

What a bloody bunch of tight arse’s. Lol

You know what I did think about that so I tried to keep it off the bottom and not knock the sides too much and it still mixed OK anyway they supply my buckets so if it does no loss to me :):)
By the sounds of it with your firm their probably cheap s**t ones so won’t last anyway. :LOL: