Mixer?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

worz

I purchased a Makita paddle mixer, it does the job but it seems quite slow at full speed. Did I make a mistake buying this? also it peels the bucket a bit (noticed a few bits of bucket peel in the mix)

Everybody else seems to use power drills, if this is a better option which would you recommend (it would only be used for mixing really)

Thanks in advance

it should be fine mate,, all plaster mixing whisks are slow compared to normal drills,,,, you have not wasted your money,, it could be peeling bits off the bucket because its new ,, have you got a good quality plastering bucket

it should be fine mate,, all plaster mixing whisks are slow compared to normal drills,,,, you have not wasted your money,, it could be peeling bits off the bucket because its new ,, have you got a good quality plastering bucket

Thanks mate, I'll hang onto it then as it does do the job. I first used the typical yellow rubber bucket but this peeled quite a bit due to the material. So I've moved onto the tall white buckets, they seem better. I can see on the mixer where it's actually cutting the bucket, so I might have to grind the sharp edge off or something.. it's more than likely just my armature mixing technique though :RpS_lol:

yeah if you can see the bit thats cutting bits off the bucket just do as you said mate and grind it down a bit,, :RpS_thumbsup:

I borrowed a makita when my Perle's broke and wasn't impressed at all I ended up buying a belle 1600e and the gear switch is playing up after less than 12 months !!! I know everybody raves about the megamixer and I may get the Eibenstock (same thing different badge) but bit cheaper. Seen them for £300 ? Anybody seen them cheaper 1800W model. Its a lot of money but I've had to learn the hard way as cheap isn't always good. The belle was £160 but like the makita is slow as seems to take forever to get going!?? Anybody got any more suggestions as new products come out all the time etc ??

I'll only use mine for plaster anyway and not huge amounts in one go. I purchased the Makita UT121

I borrowed a makita when my Perle's broke and wasn't impressed at all I ended up buying a belle 1600e and the gear switch is playing up after less than 12 months !!! I know everybody raves about the megamixer and I may get the Eibenstock (same thing different badge) but bit cheaper. Seen them for £300 ? Anybody seen them cheaper 1800W model. Its a lot of money but I've had to learn the hard way as cheap isn't always good. The belle was £160 but like the makita is slow as seems to take forever to get going!?? Anybody got any more suggestions as new products come out all the time etc ??

I have the belle mate don't like it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.