Mixer Recomendations For Beginner

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

deano94

Could anyone recommend me a decent mixer which is below £120? I have never bought a mixer before so i don't really know much about mixers. The mixer won't be getting used on a daily basis just the odd weekend jobs.

I'm currently an apprentice so I use my bosses mixer but recently i've been asked to do a few of my own jobs by neighbours and family friends.

Does your current mixer run off a yellow lead(110v) legal requirement for sitework, or just plug straight to the mains(230v)domestic use.

a decent transformer would be £50+ so there's that to consider in your budget. As with all tools in all trades, you mostly get what you pay for. Buy cheap- don't expect it to last so long. spend a bit more and it'll serve you well.

if ya just doing a couple of weekend jobs now and again cant you ask ya boss for his?
if the mixer ya boss uses is a good one just get one the same

I can't use my bosses as it gets used every day of the week and I want to buy my own one, but I didnt want to be spending £250 + for a mixer and transformer although i do know for a decent mixer that is the kind price you have to pay. I just need one for the odd jobs every month. I believe eibenstock and bosh are the best??

Listen mate just get the refina or the eibenstock 1000 w if it's just small batches it will serve you well go on a website toolstop there are loads on there quite cheap too

Could anyone recommend me a decent mixer which is below £120? I have never bought a mixer before so i don't really know much about mixers. The mixer won't be getting used on a daily basis just the odd weekend jobs.

For crying out loud why do you need an electric whisk for the odd weekend job? Many of us started out using a plodger and stick to mix up with and some of us carried on doing so many years after whisks were in common use.

Stick = £0 (piece of batten)
Plodger =£12 (from Wickes)

Save your money

Lidls and Aldis sell them sometimes, you just have to look out for them, ive got one 1200 watt great for ocasional use £30

Wickes do a good mixer for £135. 240 or 110v. Mix a bag at a time no problem.3 year guarantee as well.

if it every now and then..then think about a plasterers plunger plus they come in handy just incase your mixer ever lets you down

if you want a cheepo but one that runs off 110v vairable speed control m14 thread whisk evolution twister i used to have one little while ago when i diddnt have alot of money around me but needed a mixer to get me through £100 Evolution Twister Variable Speed Electric Mixer » Product it was alright for little domestic skim over jobs think it lasted 3 years :RpS_thumbsup:
Av got the same mixer had it ages and it canny but i bought a bigger whisk cos the one that comes with it aint very big

If you're mixing skim only get a second hand 24v cordless with a marshalltown quick mix attachment you'll thank me when you're reskimming a bathroom with all the units still in there

ryobi do 1 it were my first ever mixer was quite good till it got pinched b&q sell some mixers like them sparky 1s but i dont think there much cop alright for odd use though

For crying out loud why do you need an electric whisk for the odd weekend job? Many of us started out using a plodger and stick to mix up with and some of us carried on doing so many years after whisks were in common use.

Stick = £0 (piece of batten)
Plodger =£12 (from Wickes)

Save your money

You dont even need to get the plunger, just screw a 150 by 150 drain cover to a piece of 2 by 2 . done !

I tried mixing up with a podger and a stick once, after about 20 minutes I had a bucket of lumpy shi.t staring at me and I was all but down to my boxers.

Never again

Come of it Rich anyone with the strength to spread can mix up a bucket of multi/board finish as quickly and to as good a standard as with a plodger and stick as you can a whisk.

always have a podger in the van for if the mixer breaks, the other week i had to use it all day as the sparks didddnt tell me till the morn they were turning the lecky off all day:RpS_cursing: barstewards

By a meaga mixxer strait away....worth every penney ..your becomeing plasterering so you will need one soon anyway..cheap dont last and there take the p1ss out off you on site if you turn up with a hair dryer

Me too, plunger, plodger, dibbler, motorbike, whatever you wanna call em, keep one in my van, quicker than pissin around with a mixer and tranny+leads, power, then washing up, for only a bucket of so, youre gauge should last a bit longer too deano, the gear doe's not aerate as much mixed by hand.

i think your just out of a course mate. and dont have a boss at all

makes sense actually if he worked for a firm and could plaster to a standard that got him little jobs he would know about mixers

Status
Not open for further replies.