Mitre Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWand

Hi Buddies,
Just wanted to introduce myself as the new Mitre Moderator.

Its a new section for tips and tricks on cutting mitres freehand.

I don't want any chancers posting in this section. its purely for the elite among us so its clearly going to be a small niche section.

Don't worry buddies, i wont bail on you like that clown shirley cassie.

Looking forward to enhancing your knowledge and skills on mitres.

I won't be promoting any manufacturers , however i am in a legal battle with magic mitre for using the word "magic".

Stay safe out there buddies

Hi wand can you help me. my gaps have been getting bigger and bigger, when i cut an internal 90• im getting big gaps at the ceiling edge. I think my mitre block is worn. Would you suggest i go free hand or keep using expanding foam to fill my joints out. It doesn't sand down great but i do get paid. Usually.

Hi wand can you help me. my gaps have been getting bigger and bigger, when i cut an internal 90• im getting big gaps at the ceiling edge. I think my mitre block is worn. Would you suggest i go free hand or keep using expanding foam to fill my joints out. It doesn't sand down great but i do get paid. Usually.
Either your mitre box is out, or the corner isn't square. Just bisect the angle and cut it freehand, or scribing is an alternative if using gyproc coving.

Like this

WP_20150618_16_22_43_Pro.jpg

Hi Buddies,
Just wanted to introduce myself as the new Mitre Moderator.

Its a new section for tips and tricks on cutting mitres freehand.

I don't want any chancers posting in this section. its purely for the elite among us so its clearly going to be a small niche section.

Don't worry buddies, i wont bail on you like that clown shirley cassie.

Looking forward to enhancing your knowledge and skills on mitres.

I won't be promoting any manufacturers , however i am in a legal battle with magic mitre for using the word "magic".

Stay safe out there buddies
any plans in the near future for a training day at your garage/ warehouse, maybe a saturday would be good, i would imagine you'd have no trouble getting about maybe 8 or more of us( especialy if you could get someone to provide us with refreshments)

We had a job recently in a hotel where they subdivided two huge rooms into small rooms,
28 internal mitres to cut into existing large Georgian lime plaster cornice , we made the moulds with two mitre/scribe blocks , saved us about two days cutting into existing , worked a treat

any plans in the near future for a training day at your garage/ warehouse, maybe a saturday would be good, i would imagine you'd have no trouble getting about maybe 8 or more of us( especialy if you could get someone to provide us with refreshments)
Thats why this section is only for the elite like yourself @leebo02................I do have plans to do a workshop in Worksop so that its middle England for all travelling parties. All attendies would have to sign a confidentiallity agreement not to divulge any of the information and techniques delivered within the Workshop in Worksop.

I'm afraid the invitation would not be extended to the expanded foam chancers who have previously posted

Thats why this section is only for the elite like yourself @leebo02................I do have plans to do a workshop in Worksop so that its middle England for all travelling parties. All attendies would have to sign a confidentiallity agreement not to divulge any of the information and techniques delivered within the Workshop in Worksop.

I'm afraid the invitation would not be extended to the expanded foam chancers who have previously posted

Fuuuuuuuck i meant to write casting plaster! f**k**g auto correct

put my name down for it, opportunities like this dont come along every day :birra:

Status
Not open for further replies.