Mikita drywall cut out tool

Makita say is best for cutting straight lines, so it's a fancy jig saw. If you are cutting to put up and don't have any depth problems then standard ceramic jig saw blades and a jig saw should be fine and cost a lot less. I use them to cut cement boards, lot less dust than a disc cutter and seem to last ok.

Love the BG promo for these boards - full depth blade cut-out for a box, then miraculously there is a large undamaged wood batten behind to fix to.

Makita say is best for cutting straight lines, so it's a fancy jig saw. If you are cutting to put up and don't have any depth problems then standard ceramic jig saw blades and a jig saw should be fine and cost a lot less. I use them to cut cement boards, lot less dust than a disc cutter and seem to last ok.

Love the BG promo for these boards - full depth blade cut-out for a box, then miraculously there is a large undamaged wood batten behind to fix to.
Are there no issues with gyproc dust jamming a jigsaw though?

Are there no issues with gyproc dust jamming a jigsaw though?
Doesn't seem to be, even my cheap Wickes one has a pipe from motor that blows dust away from the blade. Hate the vacumm hose though, gets in the way, usually chuck it, I'm a bad boy but do wear a mask
I'm cutting cement board so a wood blade ain't gonna last, if this board is reinforced I suspect it will need a ceramic jigsaw blade. Even with the Makita fancy one blades will need replacing.

Doesn't seem to be, even my cheap Wickes one has a pipe from motor that blows dust away from the blade. Hate the vacumm hose though, gets in the way, usually chuck it, I'm a bad boy but do wear a mask
I'm cutting cement board so a wood blade ain't gonna last, if this board is reinforced I suspect it will need a ceramic jigsaw blade. Even with the Makita fancy one blades will need replacing.
Yea this stuff is a bitch to cut. Score an snap is more like score score score and break. I had a dewalt jig clog up an break within a day.

Anyone tried one? I’ve got a rake of boarding with that habito board and it’s a bitch to cut

My chippy has one.
He was tacking on our job in the summer
I had a play, yes mate it's a good tool
I reckon it'll suit your need.

I just use a cordless multi tool (as I don't warrant the use right now). But if I had s**t loads of cuts like that, I'd consider getting that makita.

Yep I’ve used the Mikita battery one on standard plasterboard good around doors windows etc when u get used to it the chippy left out the linings till after we boarded it Takes a bit of getting use to and get a few spare bits but we liked it .

Strait cut a knife is loads quicker than any power tool mind it’s just a good tool for some jobs

Prob your limp wrists more than the blade
fuck you GIF

What blades you using?
Just because I think they are all shite at the moment mate.
I honestly don't know, just bought a big box of them from my local tool shop. They were a more expensive one. They have a gold coloured cutting edge. Good quality.

Reckon that’s what I will get. Quality tools. First one I had lasted 9 yrs

If you're using it overhead a lot, then maybe you'll want to save weight with 3ah batts, but the Fein 700 (AKA Supercut) is quite power hungry, so 5.2ah or 6ah is a better choice for some people (like me).

I like the machine, but the Starlock blades are overpriced. I also wish the blades were made with thicker steel, as I find them a bit too flexible (a bloke on Youtube suggested that Festool blades are thicker, but I haven't tried any of theirs yet).

As I'm sure you know, Festool's Vecturo machine is a reworked Fein Supercut. They offer it with a nice plunge attachment, but, as usual, Festool take liberties with their pricing.

The Fein machine is still a good tool buy, overall, and I can very comfortably recommend it.

Last edited: