Middle age and slowing down

Members online

windy

Private Member
I'm 47 in next 2 months I know it's not old old but f**k me I'm feeling it.
Went the gym on my day off yesterday and did a pretty small sunday job today..just a bit of filling in and sanding.
I'm absolutely knackered.
This normal for my age or am I being a pussy

Went the gym on my day off yesterday and did a pretty small sunday job today..just a bit of filling in and sanding.
Being a pussy I’m afraid sixty one here still going mind you knees are knackered @The Hobo is ten years older than me and still going

Time of year doesn't help, but a change in routine can also lift the spirits and get some energy back.

Since i hit forty i swear i.m just dropping to bits.

Knees are a stupid design they only last 60000 miles then wear out unless you work sitting on your ass all day for year's innit !
Plastering is the easy bit it's all the other s**t that goes with it that pissees me off . Like tax, h&s, vehicles, accounting, some starving bastad customers ,bills, chancers etc all wanting a cut of your hard earned bread !
Still better to be playing the rat race than on the old king Cole I suppose ?

doing a ceiling tomorrow 2 of us,....we are both 59,......once upon a time 1 man job easy,.....not now though,....in fact feeling tired just thinking about it now,......hope someone nicks my handboard from my van tonight
you should get a step ladder with treads both sides one goes up as other goes down, teamwork.

It seems most men I know who are the wrong side of 40 are bang into fitness and power walking , sports and healthy living diets etc and all the women are heavy duty soaks.

It seems most men I know who are the wrong side of 40 are bang into fitness and power walking , sports and healthy living diets etc and all the women are heavy duty soaks.
Biking instead of power walking , easier on the knees
And gallons of water

It seems most men I know who are the wrong side of 40 are bang into being an image conscience homosexual.
anigif_enhanced-1197-1456344093-14.gif

I'm with you. 47 and fooked.
Go to krav Maga every Wednesday and that makes it worse....

Mind you...booze every night (only hurts when you stop) and my diet is full of sugar. I call it 'self medicating and comfort eating'

You're just at an age where we need to slow down a bit!

Mind you...booze every night (only hurts when you stop) and my diet is full of sugar. I call it 'self medicating and comfort eating'

Thing is if you truly were a plasterer and had a positive mental change, you'd sack the whole plastering thing. For me plastering is something I do and that's all the thought it gets.

You finally got your internet sorted . Hows things