Mid terraced 1920 blown plaster

Members online

No members online now.

Gary3000

Hi everyone I'm Gary. We've just moved into a mid terraced house in April and as soon as the house was empty noticed a few cracks in one of the bedrooms, And some quite obvious fixes that have been done in the past on one wall following a rewire I believe. When you tap the walls you can see the plaster flexing and as we and replacing the skirting and architraves in the house this has shown how bad the plaster is. The plaster seems to be quite a sandy mix and the walls are a build of different blocks. My dilemma is should I just take the rest of wall back to brick and get it re plastered with hardwall or somthing else. The walk that has that window on also has a lot of loose plaster and some cracks. My thoughts with this wall is again to remove the damaged blown plaster and possibly for and dab this wall or as one wall is being hardwalled etc should I just get the Same done. As I can't dot and dab the other wall due to the door lining not being very wide of being replaced. Any help would be great.

Many thanks Gary

Attachments

• 20210627_124301.jpg
    20210627_124301.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 327
  • 20210529_203030.jpg
    20210529_203030.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 163