microgebitis

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is This Stuff suitable to be painted on old, solid, painted pebbledash? then on top with a polymer render and mono?
who supplies it what does it cost?
Heard a few poeple mention it, must be good gear

it's only as good as the surface its painted/rollered/sprayed on to, it is the same as any primer really so you need to take this into account when using over dodgy substrates

if the paint is sound, then u can mono straight over if the surface is reletivly flat

encon. £35 a tub

ah its fine!! quick pass over, rule it off, let it pick up, another blast over. no need to scratch. good old micro :)

Tried to google microgebitis to see whats it is and nowt come up....... do you have to be in the "plasterers circle of trust" to find out the crack..:RpS_confused:

micro gob is an SBR based primer, evens out the suction on tricky backgrounds, not a solution for painted surfaces (there is nothing that can gaurantee render over a painted surface) as warrior says the job will only be as good as and depend on how good the paint is and how well the paint is stuck to the wall, even render made for painted surfaces such as parinter is never 0 and they still advise to remove paint even with that product. I recon it would be better going onto micro gob with its grit than the shiny paint tho all the same but still risky

we use micro gob alot, our next job is painted but we are removing all the paint first with the powerprep then micro gobbing it

sucki sucki :RpS_drool:

a guy i know that brings alot of stuff in from Germany gets me the betonkontakt its not knauf brand there are loads in germany, i pay around 25 for a big bucket lasts for ages micro between 35 and 45 ish depending on who i get it from.

micro gob is an SBR based primer, evens out the suction on tricky backgrounds, not a solution for painted surfaces (there is nothing that can gaurantee render over a painted surface) as warrior says the job will only be as good as and depend on how good the paint is and how well the paint is stuck to the wall, even render made for painted surfaces such as parinter is never 0 and they still advise to remove paint even with that product. I recon it would be better going onto micro gob with its grit than the shiny paint tho all the same but still risky

we use micro gob alot, our next job is painted but we are removing all the paint first with the powerprep then micro gobbing it

sucki sucki :RpS_drool:

Cheers for the insight, is betokontakt roughly the same thing then ??

I paid that for a couple of tubs a few months back, then when i tried to get some more they were trying to charge me £36, they said it was on special previously, robbing barstewards

Make 'em stick to it Paul...........I moan at them all the time about prices, otherwise they keep sneaking them up. One of the young 'uns on the counter reckons no-one else gets them as low as I do, quite pleased when he told me:RpS_thumbup:

Make 'em stick to it Paul...........I moan at them all the time about prices, otherwise they keep sneaking them up. One of the young 'uns on the counter reckons no-one else gets them as low as I do, quite pleased when he told me:RpS_thumbup:

I just move on to the next company and use their Deals Al, just got two tubs of the blu grit cheapo and a loada collated drywall

I have a choice of two BMs in one town and two in another, both about six miles away, then it's about 15 miles to the next ones, so I don't be burning bridges :RpS_thumbup:

There used to be three in my own town til the fkin nationals took 'em over :RpS_mad:

The application of micro gobetis dont make sense. its an sbr based product and it says to roller or brush apply then leave for 24hrs then render over. All sbr primers or slurrys should be covered whilst still tacky if it is fully dry another coat must be applied and covered when tacky i have been in talks with many technical guys from sika everbuild cementone etc about some products i am developing i have also done testing with dry and wet slurrys and this dont make sense

The application of micro gobetis dont make sense. its an sbr based product and it says to roller or brush apply then leave for 24hrs then render over. All sbr primers or slurrys should be covered whilst still tacky if it is fully dry another coat must be applied and covered when tacky i have been in talks with many technical guys from sika everbuild cementone etc about some products i am developing i have also done testing with dry and wet slurrys and this dont make sense

From my understanding of the product, it is not exactly an SBR but a mixture of co polymers and that it has to be dry for the reaction between the polymer surface and render to take place, when the render is applied there is a chemical reaction creating a bond between the render and the micro gob on a molecular level:RpS_blink:

It must contain eva aswell because sbr dont re-emulsify so wont create that bond. eva is waterproof pva i have tried this and it works

dont think micro gob has anything to do with eva, thats just external pva. Its co polymer and styrene butane based similar to sbr but not exactly the same so cant see there being a problem with it having different over application methods - sbr when tacky if you like and micro gob when dry, its a different product so different method of course

not the same as betonkontakt either but I was told once that i would be ok using beton to finish a wall off where micro had run out - there was about 10m left, I said i had some betonkontakt and the techie said yes that will be fine just use that. ........

Anyone used Krends R7 ? would be interested in seeing it, I have used Dryvit Prymit wich is acrylic but I recon the same as R7 watery and no grit in it but evens suction out great over porous masonry

Thanks nick, But unfortunately the nearest encon is about 1 hour 15 away. I'll speak to my nornal supplier on monday, see what they can do. Dont think I'll go straight over with out a polymer though:RpS_scared:
if the paint is sound, then u can mono straight over if the surface is reletivly flat

encon. £35 a tub

they will deliver but its £40 unless under £350 as far as i remember. but £75 is still cheaper than a load of rendaid

Status
Not open for further replies.