Micro or Plasprime?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marleyjustin

Hi all, done a few Victorian houses with very thirsty walls, do any of you guys use Micro or Plasprime for internal walls & would they make my life easier?

Noticed that!
I thought I'd had a contaminated batch. Or someone had tipped water or something back into main tub.

Used it anyway, still stank going up. Left it an hour, still stank.

Plastered it.

Seems to have gone.

Or am I now immune to the smell?

When did you use it last dan? Its rank lately. Lads at the merhants asked if id done a **** in the back of the van and left it there

Got to be a bad batch, at mo. Smells like when you dilute sbr and leave it for a month.

All polymers!

When did you use it last dan? Its rank lately. Lads at the merhants asked if id done a **** in the back of the van and left it there

It's stuff i bought about 6 weeks ago, must a different batch I quite liked the smell.

Eggy smell usually meas the SBR has gone off micro is a similar make up.
I would tread carefully with that batch

Only ever had sbr smell eggy after its been mixed with water not when its neat.

With the micro, it still seemed to do the job, still stuck like sh** and skim has keyed well aswell.

Went back to job today after leaving windows closed through the weekend and no sign of the smell at all.

Hi all, done a few Victorian houses with very thirsty walls, do any of you guys use Micro or Plasprime for internal walls & would they make my life easier?

Artex stabilex 1st , then betacontact , this time of year ready to skim in about a hour .

ffs tub of pva a tenner mix 50/50 and crack on maybe 2 coats if feeling posh!!!

bunch of fukin frustrated lab technicians you lot!!!:rolleyes)

Micro is 40quid a tub. Itll do more than 4 times the amount Pva does if correctly done with 2 coats. So works out cheaper. Added bonus of mechanical key. Dries within the hour. Doesnt take days to set on glossy surfaces like pva.

Micro is 40quid a tub. Itll do more than 4 times the amount Pva does if correctly done with 2 coats. So works out cheaper. Added bonus of mechanical key. Dries within the hour. Doesnt take days to set on glossy surfaces like pva.

Interesting I will look into that, would you ever use Thistle Bond-It or is that a no no as you guys never talk about it?

that's me fukin told then!!!:RpS_blushing:

plus theres a good chance there has been wallpaper on the walls , pva will reactivate the old paste , and your plaster will rip and tear under troweling , with a bonding agent it wont .

plus theres a good chance there has been wallpaper on the walls , pva will reactivate the old paste , and your plaster will rip and tear under troweling , with a bonding agent it wont .

I always get the customer to sugar soap after stripping the wallpaper gets rid of the paste residue

I have just done a victorian property and used cementone's plasterers stabilizer with great results! Between two of us we were putting on approx 40m2 and having to wait a bit for it to pull in.

Same mate it just doesn't stink and give me a headache like bond it and its cheaper, well it is for me I pay 25 for cementone and 45 for bond it.

Status
Not open for further replies.