Micro gobetis 3000

Toddy1981

Heard a few talk about this as a replacement for Pva, just wondered if it's any good? And what's the texture like for applying etc?

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1461191037.726080.jpg

Believe it's a bonding agent mainly used for rendering but also used for plastering on high suction surfaces?

No no no....you have to use the rather more pricey bond it recommended by Bg....;)...and dont use pva ..Bg dont endorse that either...:rebotando:
Or blue grit. Or pregrit. Or plasprime. Only use our expensive bond it or our expensive unifinish

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

It's cheaper than bg bondit less messy to get on, much smaller grit and takes morning to get solid. Good for stabilising all backgrounds, I generally mix with bit if neat pva to extend, and use it with board finish on domestic mixed backgrounds. Downside is its not that we'll known or easily available only parex render merchants stock.
Best one tried so far of the usual suspects

I picked up a tub of this for my mate last week...only problem is couldn't read the instructions.
All in German or Spanish,or something I don't know ,I am a bit thick tbh .

Open the rub. Roll it on. Skim when dry. Anything from an hour to overnight depending o substrate. Mostly same day though

It wont do because its for render. But it works great with plaster. Anyone who's interested have a search. It's been discussed loads.

Just get the room your doing well ventilated or you could end up high as a kite. It's strong stuff.

Its changed again hasn't it. When it was orange it was fine. Then it changed to pink and 3000 instead of 2000 and started having a really eggy smell. Like really bad.

I've got used to it a bit but customers have complained it's aggravating their chests. It is made for outside :loco:

Thats good info guys,,,if the odour is bad it ain't something I will use inside.open to customer claim if they have breathing issues.

I use this stuff everyday..beddy introduced me to it....great stuff but I mix it with pva and water so it goes absolutely miles. Only use it neat when the surface is really shiny, like the gloss painted old door I had to plaster over recently. Don't ask.

Thats good info guys,,,if the odour is bad it ain't something I will use inside.open to customer claim if they have breathing issues.
It only stinks when it's wet. As soon as it dries (which can sometimes only be a couple of hours) it's odourless. Just throw the windows open. It really is good stuff.

It doesn't smell eggy now by the way. Kind of smells like tile adhesive now. It's not overpowering

I use this stuff everyday..beddy introduced me to it....great stuff but I mix it with pva and water so it goes absolutely miles. Only use it neat when the surface is really shiny, like the gloss painted old door I had to plaster over recently. Don't ask.

Where you get yours from john? Beddy stores?

It doesn't smell eggy now by the way. Kind of smells like tile adhesive now. It's not overpowering

Doesnt matter what i use on a thursday as the whole house will smell cos its mixed kebab and beer night on wednesdays! :birra::loco: