Methods and Tips!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Private Member
Ok Chaps,

Just approaching 40 and touch wood no major health issues apart from constant lower back aches. Been thinking of late on ways that I can improve/expand my plastering lifespan.

Started this week taking codliver and glucosamine and vitamins ive also lost a bit of weight.

Any Body/Health tips and or Methods at work which have helped yourselves maybe new tools or ways of applaying/trowelling up???

P.S 90 percent of work is domestics mainly internal.

Zombie

Weight training , good diet, no smoking, keep the booze down use plastic trowels and re train as a plumber

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Hi Zombie, rapidly approaching 40 myself and after a long battle with sciatica I have totally changed my lifestyle. Regular exercise has taken away alot of the pain for me but also eliminated a lot of the non sciatic nerve complaints I used to suffer. Best of luck you old fart :RpS_thumbsup:

I always get to the gym to weight train twice per week. Keeps ye in.good shape into old age. 40 now and been doing it since 15

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I had my 40th in August im still In my prime lol I take regular exercise ever day on site smashing the balls out the price work.

So, your approaching 40 ! expect your body to recover 3 or 4 times slower than it did in your 20's the slightest scratch or bruise will hang about forever, you will keep finding yourself comparing youngsters of today with what you were like way back when. Your patience with thick shoit 's get's shorter and shorter however your ability to be blunt with people improves enormously cos you just stop giving a fluke what they think of you. If you had kids early in life you have nearly stopped having to dip your hand in your pocket out of necessity and just do it if you want to, you should also be at a point shortly where working smart becomes your mantra rather than slogging away ie put your prices up and if you get them wahey if not wahey cos you can sit on your arse at home or go fish or whatevr rocks your boat. There's loads more but i'm getting sick of typing now so from one old fooker cheer up and chin up ya old fooker :RpS_laugh:

So, your approaching 40 ! expect your body to recover 3 or 4 times slower than it did in your 20's the slightest scratch or bruise will hang about forever, you will keep finding yourself comparing youngsters of today with what you were like way back when. Your patience with thick shoit 's get's shorter and shorter however your ability to be blunt with people improves enormously cos you just stop giving a fluke what they think of you. If you had kids early in life you have nearly stopped having to dip your hand in your pocket out of necessity and just do it if you want to, you should also be at a point shortly where working smart becomes your mantra rather than slogging away ie put your prices up and if you get them wahey if not wahey cos you can sit on your arse at home or go fish or whatevr rocks your boat. There's loads more but i'm getting sick of typing now so from one old fooker cheer up and chin up ya old fooker :RpS_laugh:

lol class mate...totally agree with every comment there fela!

I know theres plenty out there smashing big hits out day in day out in there late 40s 50s even early 60s maybe. But more and more I think im just going to be a wall or so at a time plodder coz I realy just cant be arsed anymore!!!

lol class mate...totally agree with every comment there fela!

I know theres plenty out there smashing big hits out day in day out in there late 40s 50s even early 60s maybe. But more and more I think im just going to be a wall or so at a time plodder coz I realy just cant be arsed anymore!!!

On domestics once you've won the job then it's up to you how slowly you want to finish it.
It's your personal way of working, do you start at 8 or9? Do you normally work through and never stop then if so then stop for half an hour lunch. Have you got a prop for boarding, start to cut out the sugar in tea or bread in lunch. Get the wife a third job.

everyone thinks its its p1ss easy to do but its nails till you get the flexiblity..................:RpS_thumbup:

I'm 41 and my lass is 20............f'in dress size lol ......sorry been drinking :RpS_biggrin:

take braggs apple cider vinegar each morning. google it for back pain and acid reflux. eat small regular meals rather than huge servings. for back pain try an accupuncturist. i spent hundreds on osteopaths and got nowhere. there were mornings when i couldn't even put my socks on. then i spent £100 on a chinese accupuncturist for five sessions. never had a problem since. after the first session i thought she'd crippled me, but it worked. and she was quite attractive and for the last half hour of each session she gave you a massage ...:razz:eek:h, and wear good workshoes, that was probably why i got the bad back in the first place. drink red wine. don't eat mcdonalds. if you want to eat when you're out go to subway. don't smoke.

I'll give you a productive tip ..... Dont waste your time on here trying to get tips haha id say speed skim or a big spat would help you along if you got along with one ......... Get a laddy trained up sharpish !

Status
Not open for further replies.