Meterage rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I'm looking to find out meterage rates for plastering in Yorkshire as I've been off sites for the last 5 years and domestic work is getting rather quite I'm my area cheers

It's £30 an hour unless they want to watch then it'll be £40 or if they want to offer help or advice it'll be £50 or if they've tried to do it themselves and fcuked it up it'll be a oner.

Anyone want to set up a gold trowel type company with me? If you can't beat em join em. We'd be laughing all the way to the bank.
Yeah i will just so long as we introduce a cask ale drinking curriculum into the syllabus! ?

Yeah i will just so long as we introduce a cask ale drinking curriculum into the syllabus! ?
It would set the would be grafters in the right direction. They should know their ales before they enter the real world. They'll be needing them :ROFLMAO:

Golden trowel fully booked and churning them out,just wish they would tell them how to price
@stiltwalker where you based? I'll come and do a days graft with you....can judge the goldtrowel ilk a bit better after a bit of work with one. I'll even do it for free....genuine offer and i'll even take you for a pint after pm if you want and then can post the outcome on here. Matt

@stiltwalker where you based? I'll come and do a days graft with you....can judge the goldtrowel ilk a bit better after a bit of work with one. I'll even do it for free....genuine offer and i'll even take you for a pint after pm if you want and then can post the outcome on here. Matt
Lodan ,he doesn't use stilts and is good at skimming ceilings,are you sure.?

image.jpg

Lodan ,he doesn't use stilts and is good at skimming ceilings,are you sure.?

View attachment 9940

It's a genuine open offer not just to stiltwalker...free day or days work for a genuine review on here after...will float or board or skim....as im new not the fastest but review on the quality to give a bit of insight into what goldtrowel produce good or bad.

Anyone want to set up a gold trowel type company with me? If you can't beat em join em. We'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

I hope there's a forum for providers of training/yeeehaaa-manship courses so you can go along and ask what there rates are for chucking out chancers.
Otherwise how will you know how much to charge??. :loco:

Essex buddy your more then.welcome.to come along I need a hand got 350m of floor screed and loads of tacking and skimming and if it's free even better

Do gold trowel tell you about thawing out the van in the morning and pulling your back lifting generator out of the van......then still having to work.
The rates are NEVER enough.

Do gold trowel tell you about thawing out the van in the morning and pulling your back lifting generator out of the van......then still having to work.
The rates are NEVER enough.

As we have the great British weather you even have to thaw your van out in the summer months half the time....

It's a genuine open offer not just to stiltwalker...free day or days work for a genuine review on here after...will float or board or skim....as im new not the fastest but review on the quality to give a bit of insight into what goldtrowel produce good or bad.

I hate to say it to you lodan and you know I'm 1 of your biggest fan on here...

But I can imagine exactly where you will be at and this is by no way a dog at you...but I imagine for there own benefit they fill you all up with praise and reasureance...

The reality is you will be awful and painfully slow...

I remember saying to a young hot shot on here not long since that after 5yrs you will look back at where you are at now and cringe...at 10 yrs cringe at 5 and 15 cringe as t 10 and so on so on so on....

Hate to be the 1 to say it mate the first job you go on with a couple of decent spreads you will think that you've been on a totally different trade course...

But I can imagine exactly where you will be at and this is by no way a dog at you...but I imagine for there own benefit they fill you all up with praise and reasureance...

I remember saying to a young hot shot on here not long since that after 5yrs you will look back at where you are at now and cringe...at 10 yrs cringe at 5 and 15 cringe as t 10 and so on so on so on....

Hate to be the 1 to say it mate the first job you go on with a couple of decent spreads you will think that you've been on a totally different trade course...
No worries...i know not a cheap shot and I know you and are a fan I said in my post I wouldnt be fast as new but if anyone is willing to judge on quality of work they would appreciate someone with a genuine eye for detail and genuine effort to make it as near as perfect as possible...i do not think or want to be the finished article but no one on here is willing to accept that some who do these courses have a genuine desire to be good at what they do....i may be courser or whatever the cocks on here want to call me but I wanted to make a change, put all my recdundancy into this and I will make it work....my nature wont allow me to fail.....the close mindedness on here is just hard to take sometimes....im sure this post will usher in the next verbal beating about coursers and chancers but ive done by best to show I want to do a good job and work hard and if people still want call me they can go and f**k themselves for all I care...i'll be posting pics of work in a few months and they can judge on that.

No worries...i know not a cheap shot and I know you and are a fan I said in my post I wouldnt be fast as new but if anyone is willing to judge on quality of work they would appreciate someone with a genuine eye for detail and genuine effort to make it as near as perfect as possible...i do not think or want to be the finished article but no one on here is willing to accept that some who do these courses have a genuine desire to be good at what they do....i may be courser or whatever the cocks on here want to call me but I wanted to make a change, put all my recdundancy into this and I will make it work....my nature wont allow me to fail.....the close mindedness on here is just hard to take sometimes....im sure this post will usher in the next verbal beating about coursers and chancers but ive done by best to show I want to do a good job and work hard and if people still want call me they can go and f**k themselves for all I care...i'll be posting pics of work in a few months and they can judge on that.
Don't take it personally mate, its just life, as long as you produce quality work and make ends meet that's what matters, speed will come with time if that matters at all, there always be some who not keen on courses but that's just how it is

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't doubt for 1 moment that you won't succeed @Lodan....youve already proved that to me as far is I'm concerned with what you have done this far....

The reality of it going forward though is something that can't be bought or rushed and that is experience and sadly none of us was born with it...

The best spreads on here be at your Scotties for skimming & site bashing or your rigbys and co for rendering didn't excell over night...

It takes years and years to finaly nail your skillset...

Just don't stick your head above the para pit to soon mate you might be in for a shock yet!!!

It's mega to be keen but trust me when you see the ease in which some people can throw gear on it can also be disheartening when learning!

If I still want to work and u where close by I'd give you a few days. At the end of the day it's only skimming. Its not like if you where asking to do coin stones or bands or dash or mono and so on. Skimming is the low end of plastering.

Lodan many of us grew up looking after a few spreads at a time, knocking up by hand and learning in-between,so we know what it's like to get a bashing, but
hard work and determination to better yourself is the key to it and it sounds like you have it, the rest will come in time.
Good luck

Dude who showed me said the same and it was true, thought I was king don at 5 years and 5 years felt like ages away at 0 years ,10yrs and I felt like I had cracked it but 15 years now and still feel like I got loads to learn.
There is so much to learn and situations you get in like you say just can't be learnt without going through them.
One week at a time.
Some of my jobs were absolute crap looking back,being truthful.

Dude who showed me said the same and it was true, thought I was king don at 5 years and 5 years felt like ages away at 0 years ,10yrs and I felt like I had cracked it but 15 years now and still feel like I got loads to learn.
There is so much to learn and situations you get in like you say just can't be learnt without going through them.
One week at a time.
Very true... you can learn plastering quickly but takes a lifetime to master it

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

One week at a time.

Are you talking about internal and external. Not just skimming like

There was a bit of beer mixed in with my post last night, I know I wont be as good as experienced lads who've done it for years and never thought, my point was more that the opinion on here is if you do a course you are going to be a crook leaving s**t work and robbing mrs smiths money....thats not who I am or what i'll do and it would be nice if in a few months I can try and change that opinion on here. Anyway lots to do so have a good day everyone(y)

Are you talking about internal and external. Not just skimming like
Everything clemo in and out..even on just internal I still changing tools mixing tubs and timing..think most plasterers will agree we are always trying to improve how we do our work.
External I am late getting into ewi and monocouche and now machines as well..even a few weeks ago the therm skim thing at 1mm on here I was thinking gosh something else again,another change,does it work,I not got a clue until I see and have a go.
If you know what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.