Mete rage prices

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterroberts

If anyone's working around Staffordshire area could they pm me the price per metre roughly on new build, been offered work down there but think the guys trying it on, telling me that's the norm, not mentioning the price on here, but seems very low to me

To be fair even if I doubled it it's still below what I was getting in 1998, not done new build for years now so not sure if he's having me over or its true that rates are so poor

site work is just a job now, you might be classed as self employed but you'll only earn what cards in lads earn once you take into account your added expenses as a self employed subbie, insurances, van costs etc.

but that said it suits some people, a wage with a bit of flexibility in that they can choose their own hours (to a degree)

When i first started on site there were 19 year old lads earning a grand a week, them same lads are in their 30's now and earning £1500-£1800 a month.

Someone once said to me that it was a conspiracy by QS's and contracts managers to drive down our wages because we were earning more than them, i thought he was talking crap at first but the more i think about it it makes sense, they are supposed to be higher up the chain than us so it must have pissed them off to see young lads earning more than them on site.

And of course I'm guessing there is no stopping the depression in rates because some new ******* comes along willing to take the lower rates. Way o the world.

site work is just a job now, you might be classed as self employed but you'll only earn what cards in lads earn once you take into account your added expenses as a self employed subbie, insurances, van costs etc.

Someone once said to me that it was a conspiracy by QS's and contracts managers to drive down our wages because we were earning more than them, i thought he was talking crap at first but the more i think about it it makes sense, they are supposed to be higher up the chain than us so it must have pissed them off to see young lads earning more than them on site.

i know it is correct that on small and medium firms watch your earnings and try to cap them. when i first started on site work we earned 4 times over the union rate. but there was to many nodding dogs who did not think it through and the rates dropped.

The rates will allways be low in our trade , because there is to many people willing to work for it , nothing changes

Status
Not open for further replies.