Metal stud wall courses??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparksta

Hi i am currently completing my level 2 plastering through college, all is going well and i am wanting to continue learning new things. I am thinking about a short course in metal stud partitioning/dry lining(not sure of course names) so i can do a job from scratch. is it worth doing and if so where in the north of england can i do it? would consider travelling further if its going to help me get more work

Have you done and internet search ? Try getting on with a dry lining firm offering cheap labour and pick it up that way

Hi i am currently completing my level 2 plastering through college, all is going well and i am wanting to continue learning new things. I am thinking about a short course in metal stud partitioning/dry lining(not sure of course names) so i can do a job from scratch. is it worth doing and if so where in the north of england can i do it? would consider travelling further if its going to help me get more work

There was a company in south shields did it a few year back..........think it was barras training or something like that

im 29, late starter i know but better late than never. keen as anything too! iv done internet searches and nothing up this end so far, al keep looking though.

Hi Sparksta

As the guys above state, if you can get site experience it is good!!

however, Knauf do training courses that include stud and metalwork - Training - Knauf Drywall

Give the office a call for more info, they may be able to do training further north.....?

Good Luck

Hi Kev (fellow forum lunatics......)

Knauf carry out these training courses as product training courses for Knauf products and systems and offer a certificate of attendance for the course.

The courses laid out are typical courses available and can be taylored to suit specific product or system needs.....

Feel free to contact the office for more info, or make contact with your local Knauf contact (or me) if you have specific (Knauf product) training needs.

There have been several forum members who have taken advantage of some Knauf product training recently...... I hope they will comment on it below.

Kev - Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss anything specific further.

Good Luck Guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.