metal stud problems

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix

seen something today that i have never seen before..... went to patch a house today and after looking around the house i noticed that ALL the stud walls had cracked upstairs and down. the cracks are where the boards meet middle of the wall and the internals.... i just stuck some aimes in the cracks and quick sand but i doubt thats gonna do anything!!! any suggestions on what the cause is? and how to cure it?

boards not butt tight enough if a gap is too big and its skrimmd it is still susceptible to cracking regardless of the skrim

but every board tho? if it was 1 or 2 then i could agree but i never seen every single board

i was thinking it might be subsidance as it every stud wall but to be fair i didnt notice it on the dab walls although thinking about it the stairs have moved about quarter inch

Last edited:
i dunno and dont care because as of today i told them to shove it where the sun dont shine..... after patching for the last week or so the site agent came in saying he wants more aimes everywhere i asked what he meant and he just wants more aimes on the wall!! my supervisor came in i asked him what i should do and he said just put more on so i said you fcuking put it on im off to work for some other c**t as of next week............... i feel like a weight has been lifted and i dont have to worry about that shite site anymore dunno where i am tuesday but im not bothered anywhere but there will do

Its probably to do with the roof, they put the stud in wether the roof is on or not then they put the roof timbers on, leave them for weeks coz of the rain then put the roof felt and tiles on. Get the inside complete bang the heating on then hey presto the roof timbers shrink and the whole place cracks to ****, it carries on and on till the timber has decided to stop moving coz its dry.

And it all cracked the day after the earthquake ?

I reckon it was cheap scrim

earthquake ******* hell it needs to be a massive f**k*r and i wouldnt say there was an earthquake in this country....... i think it was more todo with the house being SH1T they had 3 collapse due to more than 10 plasterboards being put in the bedrooms, i kid you not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just glad to be out of there

earthquake ******* hell it needs to be a massive f**k*r and i wouldnt say there was an earthquake in this country....... i think it was more todo with the house being SH1T they had 3 collapse due to more than 10 plasterboards being put in the bedrooms, i kid you not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just glad to be out of there

Birmingham ???

10 beds in a bedroom :RpS_scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.