Meshing a staircase

Status
Not open for further replies.
if youve still got a chippy on site dan get him to batten it out for you, then just do what your best at, ie meshing and plastering.. at least that way if jane says its rough as f... you can just blame the chippy lol

That was a cheap shot at Danny. Do what your best at, plastering...............this should be in the one liners thread

Get the shape with a bonding with a sponge then scratch it with a knife once it's set, use the sponge again once your skimming it, also a plastic bag helps.

I have used metal stud before which works well. It twists nicely and easy to fix. Gyplyner works best as it don't have the service cut outs.

What mesh would you guys use? Am I thinking Stainless steel is the way forward or is that overkill?

You couldnt make some of this up . If you had done a 3 year course you would know this this forum is full of ******* idiots

Just wallpaper what's there but make sure you fill the screw holes and size it first. Solvite is the best adhesive. Set your wallpapering table up in a bedroom as there won't be much room on the landing.

Well i decided to adjust the underside of stringer with a saw and redid the newel post which made the whole staircase higher which is great because it was a bit in your face when you came in the front door... but it also made it easier to mesh...

Spent about 4 hours meshing and insulating and generally faffing to get the shape right and the flow...

This was quite a complicated winder as it winds both ways so i knew it was going to be a cock...

I bonded it out and messed about and to be honest it looked good

Skimming was a different matter decided to add a bit of bonding to the skim for thebfirst coat and layed it on as beat i could but it was like trying to plaster the outside of a football. I let it pick up and found my knacker plazzyflex trowel and kept working it into the shape... let it pull in and topped it out and used the plastic trowel again....

There are a couple of sketchy bits to the right but not bad at all to be honest...

Attachments

• 1420067280462.jpg
    1420067280462.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 314
  • 1420067298354.jpg
    1420067298354.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 1420067313785.jpg
    1420067313785.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 314
  • 1420067324946.jpg
    1420067324946.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 322
Yeah i am quite pleased.. got some timber to chop in to stringer then my painter will do the rest :)

Getting close now to move in date..... then its back in the office and time to pull out the big guns....

I cant wait ryan to be in and settled.. I have a lot of catching up to do and I want to spend a lot of this year out on the road seeing people :)

I have 3 sites I need to finish and then I will be up to date on that front.. then its a case of pushing a number of other projects that will hopefully fund throwing more money at these sites... :)

Love this time of the year full of determination... :RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.