mega mixer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ali

My mega mixer seemed like it was firing tiny bits of grit that were too small to see at my hand from out of the vents today. Then stopped working completely. Is it dead.

Thought it might be something like that. Any idea if its a DIY job and how much......please something nice and reassuring.

Easy to do .i,ve two in garage waiting to be fixed along with one makita cordless collated screw gun and 110 version .the old posser never broke down ...still got one in van for emergencies only problem with it my apprentice spent ten mins looking for some way of plugging into leccy....and your hammer wont keep jamming with stupid plastic strips of screws bring back clouts

Ring refina and give them the model number they will send you the bushes then its four screws and away you go, a very simple job. when my bushes went it went gradually just wouldnt spin some times without a shake.

how long do they last then ... i have had mine for about 5 years and gets abused most days and not missed a beat!

how long do they last then ... i have had mine for about 5 years and gets abused most days and not missed a beat!

once you've replaced em they don't seem to last as long for some reason, might me a bit of wear and tear on the armature that does it, but they are easy to replace, i did a bosh medium breaker and a bell mixer about a month ago, just googled the make and model for spares, they were about twelve quid

well i had a good one the other day. a wire had split in my lead, and my plug set on fire. that made me jump

Was that on a 110 nick? It must be the season for breaking megamixers my whisk snapped today and the leads come lose :RpS_cursing:

lol. no mine was on a 240. i had it a while ago where i pulled the lead and the pkug came out the lead slightly, so i kicked it back in whilst only holding with one hand. id left the trigger and button in without thinking and it near enough ripped my arm off and spun round itself till the cable snapped in half lol

Bloody hell £80 :-0 I took mine to a hire shop and they charged me a tenner and my mate had to have his trigger replaced aswell as the side switch and they only charged £25 for that I think you were royally ripped off there speedy.

Bloody hell £80 :-0 I took mine to a hire shop and they charged me a tenner and my mate had to have his trigger replaced aswell as the side switch and they only charged £25 for that I think you were royally ripped off there speedy.
i was thats for sure,but didnt relize til a spoke to anouther spread, but i live and learn and sure wont be going back

Status
Not open for further replies.