Mediflex hype or not

My GF's flat is like that. New development, 12 yrs ago, so unlikely a s*p*r*lex type trowel.
Tiger stripes and ripples appeared before flex trowels. There is certainly room for them ln the market, but they are no miracle trowel. Nothing wrong with using stainless or carbon right the way through, i often do. Know by the way the skim is reacting if it will need a steel trowrl to finish it or if a flex will do. If there is any actual troweling left in the walls/ceilings by then, best to leave the flexs in the toolbox. If they are in good shape then flex. Trowels will finish em up nice. Not rocket science

I’ve used the Nela s*p*r*lex and medi flex, I borrowed them off a mate. Decent trowels I thought, some of my best ever skimming was using a s*p*r*lex trowel but I couldn’t regularly produce the same results so I just use normal skimming trowel now and final trowel with nelamax plazzi.
Any news from the curry trowel crew ?

not saying you cant get the trowel to work or adjust timings and presures but what is the point. What are the benefits? trying to figure it out.
Today i did a gauge, standard two coat, flatened with my steel and wet trowel with my carbon. At that point it was good enough anyway but i went over it with the medi and it gave a pretty nice matte finish. But i already had the plaster to the point of finishing anyway??
^^ simon you make a decent point.

not saying you cant get the trowel to work or adjust timings and presures but what is the point. What are the benefits? trying to figure it out.
Today i did a gauge, standard two coat, flatened with my steel and wet trowel with my carbon. At that point it was good enough anyway but i went over it with the medi and it gave a pretty nice matte finish. But i already had the plaster to the point of finishing anyway??
They are just finishing trowels bud really. Some ppl can use em right through set, personally, not seen it done well myself, and when i used to, didnt do it good enough. Last trowel or last two if its in good enough order. Or ul b polishing up waves lol

Arexyou still using yours mate?
I don't use mine often it was a silly size to get and I'm not using it as much as I imagined, I'm trying to stick to my best skimming trowel only, I am however looking at getting a new rendering trowel. My nela is broken in now so should look at starting on another. That ragni is uncomfortable on the handle so I'm probably going to get another nela premium or maybe even a Kraft? Anyone used a kraft trowel?

...There is certainly room for them ln the market, but they are no miracle trowel. Nothing wrong with using stainless or carbon right the way through, i often do. .... Not rocket science

Agreed. The flex trowels are just like using a very well worn in steel trowel. The fine flexible edge and the rounded corner. The advantage of a very well worn trowel is that it wears to the user, the disadvantage is that it's like a bereavement when someone drives a forklift over it.
It's knowing what tool to use when +what works for you.

Exactly what they are best for- wet trowel without the water.

Got all three trowels out pf van today . Hit wall for last trowel with em all to see which was me fav. Me little nella came put on top

Don't want t spoil the party.........but I am using carbon all the way and there is no trowel that can beat the quality,maybe that works for me.
Got a mediflex only for diversion, when other plasterers asking how do I finish it :fuckyou:

I
I don't use mine often it was a silly size to get and I'm not using it as much as I imagined, I'm trying to stick to my best skimming trowel only, I am however looking at getting a new rendering trowel. My nela is broken in now so should look at starting on another. That ragni is uncomfortable on the handle so I'm probably going to get another nela premium or maybe even a Kraft? Anyone used a kraft trowel?
I wouldn't have imagined youd need that size of trowel often, though there will be days u will néed it. Ive the 11 x 4 mt, and ive needed it. Had to get it one day to. Rub up between steps, other trowels wouldnt fit. Fits nicely coating round quoins etc. Def has got ke out a hole a few times. Know nothing about kraft trowels.

I

I wouldn't have imagined youd need that size of trowel often, though there will be days u will néed it. Ive the 11 x 4 mt, and ive needed it. Had to get it one day to. Rub up between steps, other trowels wouldnt fit. Fits nicely coating round quoins etc. Def has got ke out a hole a few times. Know nothing about kraft trowels.
It was a 13x5 Kraft trowel, stainless I was looking at for a new rendering trowel. Generally positive feedback on here going through old posts.

Don't want t spoil the party.........but I am using carbon all the way and there is no trowel that can beat the quality,maybe that works for me.
Got a mediflex only for diversion, when other plasterers asking how do I finish it :fuckyou:

I always wet trowel with my carbon the finish is so f**k**g good. I go home and polish that little b*****d. Need to get a carbon 16/18 next and ditch the stainless. Got a load of houses to dash in the next few months, time to break a new one in.

Agreed. The flex trowels are just like using a very well worn in steel trowel. The fine flexible edge and the rounded corner. The advantage of a very well worn trowel is that it wears to the user, the disadvantage is that it's like a bereavement when someone drives a forklift over it.
It's knowing what tool to use when +what works for you.
How many times passing would you use a s*p*r*lex on a wall.

I always wet trowel with my carbon the finish is so f**k**g good. I go home and polish that little b*****d. Need to get a carbon 16/18 next and ditch the stainless. Got a load of houses to dash in the next few months, time to break a new one in.
16 is plenty. Anything biger is just a kill.

Used medi flex few weeks back in my own house on a lid. Use straightout of the box my arse..left a furr type effect on ceiling and had to redo with plazzie..mite just need wearing in tho.

Used medi flex few weeks back in my own house on a lid. Use straightout of the box my arse..left a furr type effect on ceiling and had to redo with plazzie..mite just need wearing in tho.
Interesting. Medi boys say you can use it start to finish. Don't have one.
Medi boys what u say to that. Lol