Mediflex hype or not

Members online

Wilkie102

Got myself one of these fancy trowels after reading all the hype on here.
What a load of shite. Complete waste of money dont really know what i was expecting

Two coats multi put it on and flattened with my stainless then used the mediflex to finish.
Thought it looked ok at first, was impressed. uniform finish no water marks looked good at first glance and took a bit of effort out of the trowlling up. Then the light hit it - f**k me. Ran for my stainless and had to give iot a few hard passes not happy at all. Might be a reskim if the room gets pointed by gaffer. Some c**t is gonna be looking up at their celing in bed a few months from now and wondering what happened in that one room compared to the rest of the house.

Anyone wants to buy a mediflex i have one for sale, used once. Never again.
Back to using a variation of steel trowels and a good arm. Thats all you need thats all youll ever need.

As ever... a new trowel means you have to tweak your timings...

I often return to paint my own work (especially after using new materials or tools) and I have never had an issue... I am desperate when it comes to perfection as well...

Iv been plastering a long time, dont claim to be the best but i know timings and pressure needed to get a finish. This thing made tiger sstripes you could barely see until the light was on it, which can be remedies with timings. But it also doesnt knock it flat. I could see and feel very slight ripples in it.

These flexi trowels are no good for anything but a final go over, but you can use a plastic for that and even that is pointless. It doesnt remove trowel from your gauge. Where does the mediflex fit into all of this. I cant work it out

So you hit it too soon and used the same pressure as your normal trowel and created ripples, yeah.. we all do that at first. Usually takes 1 wall to realise (and then correct) your mistake.

I personally love the mediflex and can do start to finish with it and get a stunning result with less effort.

If you're giving up so soon, I can't even understand why you tried it if you get good results anyway?

Iv been plastering a long time, dont claim to be the best but i know timings and pressure needed to get a finish. This thing made tiger sstripes you could barely see until the light was on it, which can be remedies with timings. But it also doesnt knock it flat. I could see and feel very slight ripples in it.

These flexi trowels are no good for anything but a final go over, but you can use a plastic for that and even that is pointless. It doesnt remove trowel from your gauge. Where does the mediflex fit into all of this. I cant work it out

It is completely down to timings :D

I have been using and playing with flexy trowels for a long long time now and it is different from using normal ss trowels...

I have not used a Mediflex though but I am 99% certain a tweak of timings will be the cause

So you hit it too soon and used the same pressure as your normal trowel and created ripples, yeah.. we all do that at first. Usually takes 1 wall to realise (and then correct) your mistake.

I personally love the mediflex and can do start to finish with it and get a stunning result with less effort.

If you're giving up so soon, I can't even understand why you tried it if you get good results anyway?

How is it less effort than a steel. The trowel bends so it will never knock it flat the same as a steel will.

The sell of buying it was to reduce the strain of using a steel all the time but I will still need to give it one wet trowel with a steel before going onto using a flexi. Did you have to break it in a bit?

Like everyone I'm looking for a way to make the job easier but I can't see how it does

How is it less effort than a steel. The trowel bends so it will never knock it flat the same as a steel will.

The sell of buying it was to reduce the strain of using a steel all the time but I will still need to give it one wet trowel with a steel before going onto using a flexi. Did you have to break it in a bit?

Like everyone I'm looking for a way to make the job easier but I can't see how it does

Mines very sharp which probably helps.

I’ve tried the flexy trowels like the nela, and agree that they cannot flatten but they are marketed to be used after you’ve already got it flat.

I find the mediflex to just be the right amount of flex. I can flatten no problem with mine.

A properly worn in stainless steel also has a small amount of flex on the blade anyway.

That’s start to finish with mediflex on a re-skim ceiling and wall. Customer thought I’d painted it for a second as they only seen it when dry and sent me the pictures.

Attachments

• 5BE9895D-30D4-4F9A-9082-2AF518DABC33.jpeg
    5BE9895D-30D4-4F9A-9082-2AF518DABC33.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 561
  • EFC43AF6-FDE1-4763-A52A-E79758A7DB96.jpeg
    EFC43AF6-FDE1-4763-A52A-E79758A7DB96.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 600
I dont get on with mine. Seem to be great for when your finished anyway. If ye want to get a glass finished i used to finish a set . Start next one then after first coat drop back with plastic fantastic but know i.d rather play on me phone

As ever... a new trowel means you have to tweak your timings...

I often return to paint my own work (especially after using new materials or tools) and I have never had an issue... I am desperate when it comes to perfection as well...
I bet their are guys that do not realise what they are leaving with these trowels. I paint some of my work and then you realise the standard of work you are leaving. Take point it's about timing it's the super ripples big brother. Lol

I use my ox ultraflex from first trowel to the last and it leaves a great finish.It is also the solution to those pesky tiger stribes for me .Just make sure your laying on is spot on and nice a neet as it should be .

I use my ox ultraflex from first trowel to the last and it leaves a great finish.It is also the solution to those pesky tiger stribes for me .Just make sure your laying on is spot on and nice a neet as it should be .

getting delivered today....thought id try something different from medi.
handle looks a bit awkward.
Screenshot_20180522-081241.png

I bet their are guys that do not realise what they are leaving with these trowels. I paint some of my work and then you realise the standard of work you are leaving. Take point it's about timing it's the super ripples big brother. Lol

I think it is good for plasterers to paint their work every now and again

No matter which trowel you use . Who paints it the deal breakers when that sun or wall lights hit it . I saw rough plaster paint mint but if sun got on it was horrendous

I’ve used the Nela s*p*r*lex and medi flex, I borrowed them off a mate. Decent trowels I thought, some of my best ever skimming was using a s*p*r*lex trowel but I couldn’t regularly produce the same results so I just use normal skimming trowel now and final trowel with nelamax plazzi.

just done this hit....i see all my plots when there sprayed...sun makes no difference...hits most walls in theses big plots.

2.5 hours with a mt and medi.

Attachments

• 20180522_103130.jpg
    20180522_103130.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 445
  • 20180522_103126.jpg
    20180522_103126.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 408
  • 20180522_103150.jpg
    20180522_103150.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 512
  • 20180522_131327.jpg
    20180522_131327.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 519
  • 20180522_131320.jpg
    20180522_131320.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 449
  • 20180522_131309.jpg
    20180522_131309.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 436
  • 20180522_131259.jpg
    20180522_131259.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 463
just done this hit....i see all my plots when there sprayed...sun makes no difference...hits most walls in theses big plots.

2.5 hours with a mt and medi.

Nice! I find the same, can shine as many lights down it as you want it won’t be ripply.

Have you tried you mediflex start to finish? Mines sharp now and it doesn’t even put any lines in, can lay it on so tidy with it.

Nice! I find the same, can shine as many lights down it as you want it won’t be ripply.

Have you tried you mediflex start to finish? Mines sharp now and it doesn’t even put any lines in, can lay it on so tidy with it.

used to ....but kept wrecking them.
everything coated with this cuunt now !!

Attachments

• 20180522_141648.jpg
    20180522_141648.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 427
Ive seen walls with sun and lights across them, dead on, and i use a flex, but for finishing. Sometimes dont bother my arse with it, but usually do. Especially as i think ive broke my knuckle twice in last few months and its easier on hand to use a medi or superflez to finish it.

F942CF10-17B4-406D-A66E-33144311ECDC.jpeg
I was snagging a lot of these marks a few months back, very faint but noticeable in the wrong light. Lad was using ox ultraflex, and probably getting on it too soon.

look at this then, and no it isn’t mine lol.

Attachments

• 931D5F66-9B6D-4A56-9DF3-D13317B52A36.jpeg
    931D5F66-9B6D-4A56-9DF3-D13317B52A36.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 418
Pictures i posted is ripple and done with stainless.

Picture about if faint stripes will
Be fine when painted, probably bit of fat on trowel.

Rough c**t plastering been around before these trowels.

Give a rough c**t a flex his work will be rough still.

Give a good spread one and he might make faults on first wall, adjust by second wall.

Give a miserable old c**t one and he will spit his dummy out and blame all rough plastering on new trowel design

Rough c**t plastering been around before these trowels.

Give a rough c**t a flex his work will be rough still.

Give a good spread one and he might make faults on first wall, adjust by second wall.

Give a miserable old c**t one and he will spit his dummy out and blame all rough plastering on new trowel design

I'm a turder mate, but never get a finish that bad.