McGregor

Members online

Rossi46

Private Member
What on earth is he up to? Could be his career over or is it a publicity stunt to build up a title fight with Khabib when he smashes Holloway tomorrow.
Doesn’t look good though. He had it all at his feet and look how far he’s fallen now. What a mess.

What on earth is he up to? Could be his career over or is it a publicity stunt to build up a title fight with Khabib when he smashes Holloway tomorrow.
Doesn’t look good though. He had it all at his feet and look how far he’s fallen now. What a mess.
Too much money, surrounded himself with an entourage of yes men and too much gear has melted his head. Can't see him fighting for the ufc again now, (thought I didn't anyways, how could u motivate ursleff to go from a 100m paycheck down to 2-3 again. Not small change by any imagination but a brave difference for the worse. A few lawsuits here could soon take a lot of it off him.

Too much money, surrounded himself with an entourage of yes men and too much gear has melted his head. Can't see him fighting for the ufc again now, (thought I didn't anyways, how could u motivate ursleff to go from a 100m paycheck down to 2-3 again. Not small change by any imagination but a brave difference for the worse. A few lawsuits here could soon take a lot of it off him.
Lawsuits will fly in from all angles. It’s an easy target now. Fighters lost earnings, compensation for injuries, sponsor losses, the list could go on. They could take him to the cleaners!

Lawsuits will fly in from all angles. It’s an easy target now. Fighters lost earnings, compensation for injuries, sponsor losses, the list could go on. They could take him to the cleaners!
They will, fighters lost earnings, physical damage, injury, ufc could sue for F*****g up their card, could bravely deny his pocket here.

holloway is also out, medically unfit.

and connor is a fool, possibly looking for the sack
Yeah seen that, the medics wouldn't let him continue his weight cut. Couldn't they have had a catch weight? 160 or something?

Just seen the video.

FFS, I thought he'd actually done something.

About as real as the WWF.

Next.

well as a direct result, 2 fighters have had to pull out, one with glass in his eye, the other with bad cuts to the face, id say that was something.

well as a direct result, 2 fighters have had to pull out, one with glass in his eye, the other with bad cuts to the face, id say that was something.
Still staged to fcuk, even if it went a bit wrong.

I'd be interested to see these 'bad cuts' that safety glass - which is engineered precisely NOT to inflict bad cuts has wrought on the fighter.

New money can do more harm than good.I hope for his own sake this is’nt the start of the slippery slope for him.

Are the ufc fighters drug tested/doping regulations? Don’t know anything about ufc or Conor McGregor but I’d guess the fame and money has gone to his head a bit, too much cocaine booze and women?

Are the ufc fighters drug tested/doping regulations? Don’t know anything about ufc or Conor McGregor but I’d guess the fame and money has gone to his head a bit, too much cocaine booze and women?
Yes Jon Jones popped for Cocaine before. Nick Diaz got a ban for marijuana metabolites, he was banned a year or 2 for some reason, yet rapid heads back sooner. Weird

I watched the video...i think it is a publicity stunt

To a degree - I was talking about this earlier. It's probably 'real' but the question to ask is, 'if there wasn't a camera around, would that have happened?'

The answer is almost certainly not, which makes it staged, whatever shade of grey that staging is.

I'd say he's started to believe his own hype.

After watching the videos the biggest question is who the fk is his dealer and how could you get in touch with him.

Thinking about mega rich sports people there’s probably only a few that not lost the plot after they stop doing what they enjoyed, you could name loads of footballers who have gone looney after retiring and boxers, athletic stars , tbf I can kind of understand it they must of got right buzz from being and doing there thing then all of sudden stops and s**t load of wedge , wonder if they think so what about the money means nothing

Thinking about mega rich sports people there’s probably only a few that not lost the plot after they stop doing what they enjoyed, you could name loads of footballers who have gone looney after retiring and boxers, athletic stars , tbf I can kind of understand it they must of got right buzz from being and doing there thing then all of sudden stops and s**t load of wedge , wonder if they think so what about the money means nothing

It applies all over the spectrum when the music stops. You don't need a load of wedge.

Soldiers lose it on cessation of contact with people who 'get it'.

upload_2018-4-6_22-5-44.jpeg

Buzz Aldrin lost it for a while because he couldn't adequately explain to enough people the excitement of going to the moon.

Frank Bruno, Ricky Hatton , Tyson Fury just a few of the more recent boxers to develop mental health problems after boxing. McGregor though would seem to be at his peak now at 29 years old(think that’s his correct age)
if you think back a few years David haye and Derick Chisora had a scuffle at a press conference and it generated huge publicity for a future fight between them. Blood thirsty Spectators love to see a proper grudge match.

It applies all over the spectrum when the music stops. You don't need a load of wedge.

Soldiers lose it on cessation of contact with people who 'get it'.

View attachment 22741

Buzz Aldrin lost it for a while because he couldn't adequately explain to enough people the excitement of going to the moon.
Must be very difficult to settle back into a civilian lifestyle? After years of specific training and behaviour I imagine you can’t just flick a switch and change back again?

Must be very difficult to settle back into a civilian lifestyle? After years of specific training and behaviour I imagine you can’t just flick a switch and change back again?

I'm not sure that I ever did settle, And I'm not sure that's the army's fault.

Still looking for an adventure at 42.

Funnily enough I had three months signed off sick last year and I really missed my daily routine as a plasterer, don’t mind admitting it took me down to a very dark place not having my daily routine and that sense of satisfaction after a days work.
A plasterer in his mid sixties told me once that the longer you work at this the harder it is to get away from it.

How long did u serve and how long u out of it?

I did 9 - left, then went back because basically, I didn't like paying rent and having to buy my own food - maybe army chefs weren't so bad after all. Reserve service, that's called, but it's full time on operations for 6 months.

Extended that twice, so did 10 1/2 'pensionable service' all told.

A plasterer in his mid sixties told me once that the longer you work at this the harder it is to get away from it.
It’s the sense of purpose, having something to get out of bed for. Once that structure has gone things become difficult. I’m not sure I’d like to be spreading into my sixties but I understand that it’s better to be busy doing something rather than doing nothing at all .

Usually any time off work bores me after a few days. Used to being up early and then days go in right and quick at this, usually. At home tend to laze about, days can drag in.

It’s the sense of purpose, having something to get out of bed for. Once that structure has gone things become difficult. I’m not sure I’d like to be spreading into my sixties but I understand that it’s better to be busy doing something rather than doing nothing at all .
Don't have a clue, what time I'll plaster too, atm we will never make enough to retire early, on our prices and wages, unless manage to strike lucky,, but realistically will likely hada do it as long as the body will do it. Not sure what I'll do if body packs in before 60s. I'm 33 so no doubt pensions will end up being held til 70 time I get that far, if even, might just hada work til drop. I have no end game at all. Toying with idea of an investment property to rent out, maybe try and get into that sort of thing. Has anyone else an end game?

Usually any time off work bores me after a few days. Used to being up early and then days go in right and quick at this, usually. At home tend to laze about, days can drag in.
Yeah my days off I feel like a zombie if we don’t do a family trip somewhere, normally end up doing housework, bleaching toilet washing up hoovering etc, if I don’t do that I fall asleep in the chair until my two year old daughter slaps me in the face o_O that normally wakes me up pretty quickly.

Don't have a clue, what time I'll plaster too, atm we will never make enough to retire early, on our prices and wages, unless manage to strike lucky,, but realistically will likely hada do it as long as the body will do it. Not sure what I'll do if body packs in before 60s. I'm 33 so no doubt pensions will end up being held til 70 time I get that far, if even, might just hada work til drop. I have no end game at all. Toying with idea of an investment property to rent out, maybe try and get into that sort of thing. Has anyone else an end game?

No :(

Best I can manage after listening to you lot is 60 hrs a week on the road and 4 nights in the cab.

Get £45k for that but it's not much of a life.

Better than kipping in a shop doorway, I suppose....

Yeah my days off I feel like a zombie if we don’t do a family trip somewhere, normally end up doing housework, bleaching toilet washing up hoovering etc, if I don’t do that I fall asleep in the chair until my two year old daughter slaps me in the face o_O that normally wakes me up pretty quickly.
Aye I usually end up catching up on washings and f**k**g cleaning bathroom and stuff when I'm off, but it takes less than an hour so then it's boring time again and my wee boy is 2 as well so he keeps me on my toes, "wake up daddy, wake up!" usually what I get if I doze off, usually kneeling on my chest and poking at me lol