Mc55

Dewar008

Evening all.
Anyone used baumit mc55 over painted render?
Got a job to do over solid painted tyrolean, was going to mesh coat and pin, then scratch coat, when cured apply 10mm kzp 65 with sponge finish
Any opinions much appreciated

i am on a similar project at the moment. i did not work out the costings for Baumit.
i chose Parex Perinter a material that i often use. mesh in the first coat. then pin the mesh every half a metre.
a second coat of Parinter with a comb scratch.
finish with a tight coat of Tarmac one coat render as i need to rule this coat in with a sponge finish.
it is planed to give the render a decorated finish but after seeing the mess they made of the garden wall i may sell them a acrylic finish.

Hey, cocksure. The last time I checked.(32 years ago). Skimming was plastering. I’m up to my balls in work so it’s no biggie

Evening all.
Got a job to do over solid painted tyrolean, was going to mesh coat and pin, then scratch coat, when cured apply 10mm kzp 65 with sponge finish
Do a pull test on a few areas first and find out if the paint fails or not, if the tyrolean isnt too heavy there would be no need for kzp you can apply mc55 6mm thick

@themucky1 thanks for that, just thought the kzp may be a cheaper option to go on the keyed mc55 base as mc55 can get costly if it needs a little more straightening.....

You're f****** giving em away ain't you mate!!
£££££££?
ryan reynolds ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

never give it a thought

Evening all.

Can you not use 50mm insulation over? Going over painted render will always be a risk. If you have to mesh and pin and keep thickness to no more than 6mm with a 1.5mm finish. Do a pull test first.