materials

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

right you bunch of bellends ;D

i've got my first proper rendering job to do all on my lonesome. never had to measure it up before so could do with a bit of help.
i've got an extension to render and the side of a garage. the extension is a total of 36sqm. the garage is 13sqm.
i'm going to render the extension with normal s/c but the garage is painted brickwork so i'm up for suggestions with that one.

how much sand and cement would i need to do it?

cheers :-*

1 tonne of sand = 40m2
6 bags cement to tonne of sand
sbr slurry painted blockwork mate

just to make sure you could grind a key into the painted brickwork just to be double sure then sbr but what merlin says should be fine couple bags of lime for the topcoat wount go a miss

i had thought of using a grinder and sbr but wasnt sure if that'd be enough. i was planning on using lime in the top coat so ill get 3 bags i reckon. half the entire cement.

2 bags pf lime will do it, remember you're only putting it in the top coat

i'm gonna need 7 maybe 8 cement for the whole job. so half of that is 3/4. i've always used the same ratio for cement and lime so thought i'd get 3

steve cov said:
i'm gonna need 7 maybe 8 cement for the whole job. so half of that is 3/4. i've always used the same ratio for cement and lime so thought i'd get 3
just get three its only 6quid a bag anyway

or go to birmingham to pick some ocr up nice job to try it out tell em you have about 100sq to do but just want 36 bags to start you should get it for about 5.50 a bag then :)

If the joints in the painted brickwork are full, I would mesh it - and slurry coat too, but I'm a paranoid f*cker :)

when you say liem do you meen brown and green bags of white lime? i allways fort it was 1 shovel to any mix ratio and only used in top coat

you can use lime in any coat oasis it just creats a little suction that comes in handy in certain situations , especially in winter and you can use one shovel of lime to a mix theres no hard and fast rules

what is the benefit in using lime in a scratch and in a top coat? and if you use lime does this meen you cant use waterproofer or a feb ? this i never understand?

depends on the job, if i'm pebbledashing no lime in the scratch coat only the top coat, waterproofer kills the suction and lime creates it, if i'm rubbing up render, float or sponge finish i use lime in both coats, different plasterers different opinions.

you wouldnt need a plastercizer in a mix with lime because the lime plastercizes it and you can use waterproofer with s&c mixes with lime but not lime based renders

merlin said:
you wouldnt need a plastercizer in a mix with lime because the lime plastercizes it and you can use waterproofer with s&c mixes with lime but not lime based renders

But you do need to check as some waterproofers aren't compatable with lime.

until you answer the questions we have asked you i will hunt you down ;D ;D. lets not forget, you started mouthing off about mcplaster not knowing what he was doing and also called him a tosser, you do a lot of to$$ing on her bender. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

steve cov said:
right you bunch of bellends ;D

i've got my first proper rendering job to do all on my lonesome. never had to measure it up before so could do with a bit of help.
i've got an extension to render and the side of a garage. the extension is a total of 36sqm. the garage is 13sqm.
i'm going to render the extension with normal s/c but the garage is painted brickwork so i'm up for suggestions with that one.

how much sand and cement would i need to do it?

cheers :-*
whats normal then steve

Status
Not open for further replies.