material suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a new cornice to run, so going to need to order alot, anyone know of suppliers that wouls stock rubber for enrichment mouldings, been on phone all day definetly dieing trade up here no one sells it. also have yous seen the spray rubber that you just put over the original. the job is running a cornice round an oval ceiling in middle of a ceiling if that makes sence, egg and dart.never get cornices usualy so dont have the nesessaties. i have zinc for a horse though. so will be starting that tomorrow. its just the moulding rubber i require. cheers in advance.

have a read
Gelatin for moulds - Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net

got a new cornice to run, so going to need to order alot, anyone know of suppliers that wouls stock rubber for enrichment mouldings, been on phone all day definetly dieing trade up here no one sells it. also have yous seen the spray rubber that you just put over the original. the job is running a cornice round an oval ceiling in middle of a ceiling if that makes sence, egg and dart.never get cornices usualy so dont have the nesessaties. i have zinc for a horse though. so will be starting that tomorrow. its just the moulding rubber i require. cheers in advance.

Ive not done any fibrous since college but if i remember right gelatine molds can be melted and re-used thats one of its advantages over other moulds so if you bought one maybe you could re-use it.

Hi the problem with gelatine is it deteriorates very quickly, you have to number the casts that you take from the mould, and fix them in the order made, otherwise if you fixed number 1 then number 10 you would see a great difference in the sharpness,

I also meant to say that you are limited to how many you can get out in a day, as the heat generated will destroy the gelatine mould quicker, the things to think about is, how many you have to cast, the quality needed, and if you are likely to use the mould again, example: if you need alot of enrichements, a good quality of work, and everybody wanted to buy one from youthen cold pours are best, if you needed one enrichement the quality was poor, and you were going to throw away afterwards because you will never use it again, then vinamould or gelflex hot melts would be best and you could melt it again for your next job, I hope this helps

i second vinyl mould as it sounds like you don't do much of this type of stuff.
just clean up the model to the best standard you can, pointless reproducing X amount of s**t ones

Status
Not open for further replies.